You don't have to live in Louisiana to enjoy a good, old-fashioned crawfish boil. We ordered a 40 lb container of crawfish from the Louisiana Crawfish Company and had it shipped to the Midwest. Peak crawfish season is from February to June.
Ingredients:40 lbs crawfish
20 lbs potatoes
20 ears of Corn
2 whole garlic bulbs
6 lemons, halved
¼ cup Sriracha
1 bag Louisiana Crawfish Company Crawfish Boil Cajun Seasoning
1. Using a 10-gallon pot, fill with water 3/4 full, add crawfish boil seasoning and bring to boil.
2. Add 5 lbs of potatoes, 5 ears of corn, garlic, lemons and 2 tbs Sriracha sauce.
3. Cook 1 minute per pound of potatoes. Control heat to prevent boil over.
4. Add 10 lbs of crawfish and boil for another 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat.
5. Let crawfish soak, covered, for 15-20 minutes.
6. At this point, if you are using a basket, remove the basket and let the liquid drain off, back into the boil pot.
7. Dump the contents of the basket onto the serving table and sprinkle with 2 tbs of Cajun seasoning.
8. Repeat the process, starting with adding potatoes and corn. Each batch will get progressively spicier, so be careful.