Yesterday I got to do a live segment on CBS on location at a restaurant right in the heart of hoppin’ Superbowl frenzy. It was my first time doing a live segment outside of the television studio, and honey, I gotta say that it’s SO MUCH FUN! My segment’s theme was “Affordable Luxuries” and I wanted to feature Kobe Style Steak Burgers from Palm Beach Prime. Lately, I’ve been eating way more than my share of steaks and burgers, and after chompin’ down on over 9 brands of frozen burger patties, I know my favorites: Oliver Ranch’s Charolais Steak Burgers, Palm Beach Prime’s Kobe Burgers and Meyer All Natural Dry Aged Burgers.
Details of burger taste test and more info on “Kobe” vs “Kobe-Style” vs. “American Kobe” will come in another post. Just know that all Kobe from outside of Japan is called Kobe-Style. But for the sake of my carpal tunnel, I’m just gonna type Kobe, k?
So, here I am at Gaspar’s Grotto restaurant in the middle of Superbowl week, getting my portable burner, cast-iron frying pan and the table display set up. I’m outside on their patio at the front of the restaurant, right next to their outdoor kitchen. Big football dudes are walking by (clearly I’m not a football fan and don’t know these famous ball player’s names) and I’m sure a handful of celebrities too. Then, this guy comes up to me and ask, “hey, whatchu you cookin’?”
“I’m making Kobe Burgers,” I replied, and continued on with my set up. His eyes grow wide and he returns to his table a few feet away.
Before long, two more young guys join him, then out of the corner of my eye, I see the group grow and slowly move towards me.
Uh-oh. I better make sure I have enough Kobe burgers to feed this hungry crowd.
The same guy breaks from the group and slides on over to me again, “Excuse me ma’am…did you say Kobe Bryant Burgers? Is he gonna be here?”
HHHHAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! Duh ME!
Well, that just made my day. But sadly, I had to fess up to the guys and say, “no honey, these aren’t Kobe Bryant Burgers…but these will be the BEST DAMN BURGERS you’ll ever have!”
So, you’ve gotta watch the segment, as I feature Kobe Burgers, Kobe Sliders, Pop Champagne, Truffle Honey drizzled on cheese and strawberries, Balsamic Creme drizzled on strawberries and Fries tossed with Truffle Oil and sprinkled with Truffle Salt (whew!)
Continue reading and watch the video for KOBE BURGERS ON CBS
That was FUN!
Products that I had featured:
- Driscolls Strawberries: The juiciest, sweetest strawberries ever from a 3rd generation family strawberry business.
- Kobe Burgers from Palm Beach Prime: Throw the frozen patties onto a frying pan and 7 minutes later, you are in Kobelicious heaven. These are the first burgers I’ve ever seen that do not shrink. They seriously are as big as a plate! Did you see how massive these guys are in the video? I’ve seen these EXACT same burgers on menus for $28 each. Palm Beach Prime sells ‘em for 4 for $29.95.
- Kobe Sliders from Palm Beach Prime: These babies are so cute! Less than $2.00 each! How can you beat that???
- Balsamic Creme from Earthy.com: I looooove this Creme di Balsamico on strawberries. Oh. My. It’s balsamic that has been reduced down to a sweet, syrupy sauce. $11 for a BIG bottle. You can whisk with olive oil and make a fab salad dressing.
- Da Rosario Organic White Truffle Honey: The truffle aroma is unmistakable in this Truffle Honey. Drizzled over cheeze is absolutely DIVINE.
- Da Rosario Organic White Truffle Seasoning: Hit your fries up with a sprinkle of this seasoning salt. There are ground up bits of white Umbrian truffles throughout the seasoning.
- Da Rosario Organic Black Truffle Oil: It’s a small bottle, but just a few drops are all you need to toss with your steamin’ hot french fries!
- Those gorgeous handmade ceramic plates are by Plumhome – take a look at her collection on Etsy!
By the way, if you’ve got fabulous food products that you want me to feature on television, contact me. I’m on CBS10 and ABC7 every month showcasing recipes, yummy stuff and kitchen gadgets. Email me at [email protected]
If you love steak, have you read these posts?