Every year, we keep out-doing ourselves when creating Food Blog Forum events. It’s a great thing (I’m not complaining), but one of these days, there will be no way to “wow” food bloggers unless we host the event on a cruise ship to the Caribbean. Hmmm…..maybe…one day.
What Todd, Diane, Scott and I love most about FBF is that the entire family is always invited. We try to make our events at fun locations and affordable enough so that you could bring your entire clan. Which is why we were thrilled that our gracious host for 2nd year in a row was Walt Disney World.
Family is so important to us that our portion of the day included my entire family up on stage. We talked about how we restructured our business to fit our lives, and how important it was to align our blog+business strategy to our family motto of “Magical Moments.”
Andrew was up on stage, fearless. He wrote and read his speech “What Steamy Kitchen means to me”
Oh, and my baby, Nathan, discovered that girls like wheelchairs! He was in the hospital just days before the event so we had a wheelchair for him. Who knew? Wheelchair! Chick Magnet!
Nathan tried so hard to keep up with everything – listening to every speaker, drawing giveaway names, giving hugs to people – finally succumbing to a little nap in front of the room.
I’m grateful for the awesome sponsors of Food Blog Forum:
KitchenAid, OXO, Florida Dairy Farmers, GIR and Whole Foods Market Orlando along with our host, Walt Disney World. These generous sponsors helped keep the event costs to a bare minimum for food bloggers and provided great prizes for everyone.
Most of all, thank you to everyone who attended – we loved meeting your families and hanging out with you!
A note from Andrew & Nathan
“Next time, I want to lead everyone in the Pledge of Allegiance. I was a little too shy and wasn’t feeling that great in the morning” – Nathan
“Hi everyone! Thank you for letting us be with you at Food Blog Forum. We had a very fun time at Disney World. Meeting new people was fun.” – Andrew
“We loved this trip to Disney World because we got to start our pin collection. We just love collecting pins!
Here is a picture of someone’s collection at Epcot. They have an area where pin traders can show off their collection and you can trade with them.
Do you have pins that you would like to trade with us? ” – Andrew & Nathan
More Food Blog Forum
Check out everyone else’s posts from our event!
- Todd & Diane from White on Rice Couple
- Lindsay from Love & Olive Oil
- Julie from The Little Kitchen
- Alicia from Alicia Carlson Photography Part 1 Part 2 Brunch
- Amanda from Kevin & Amanda
- Amy from The Nifty Foodie
- Angie from Big Bear’s Wife
- Camille from A Girl, A Granny & A Goal
- Carla from Carla’s Confections
- Caroline from Chocolate & Carrots Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5
- Cheryl from Pook’s Pantry
- Cindy from Hungry Girl por Vida
- Damaris from Kitchen Corners
- Denise from addicted 2 recipes
- Dianna from The Kitchen Prep Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4
- Erin from Eat Bake Drink Cook
- Erin from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Janet from Captain’s Daughter to Army Mom
- Jenn from justJENN recipes Panels Food Grand Floridian Star Wars Weekends
- Jessica from My Baking Heart
- Joelen from What’s Cookin, Chicago
- Julie from Table for Two
- Kasey from Kasey’s Kitchen
- Katie from Ruffles & Truffles
- Katrina from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- Kim from KC Bakes
- Lauren from Healthy. Delicious.
- Liz from The Lemon Bowl
- Michelle from The Domestic Mama & The Village Cook
- Rachel from Baked by Rachel
- Ricky from TastyChomps The Orlando Food Blog
- Robin from Simply Southern Baking Part 1 Part 2
- Sarah from Sarah’s Cucina Bella FBF Video
- Stephanie from Macaroni and Cheesecake
- Yelena from Cooking Melangery FBF Brunch