Calling for Cookbook Recipe Testers!
Vietnamese Pulled Pork Sliders (one of the recipes in my cookbook)
The Steamy Kitchen cookbook is well under way. I’ve been working hard refining my photography skills, such as food styling, composition, lighting and learning how to use my camera beyond just the “automatic” settings. You guys want to hear more about my cookbook?
Periplus/Tuttle is my publisher, they’re responsible for at least 35% of my annual cookbook budget, meaning I already own A LOT of their cookbooks:
Interested in recipe testing?
Update: **Hey guys! I’m done with the Steamy Kitchen Cookbook! I’ll be looking for recipe testers when I start book #2….stay tuned…I’ll post when recipe testing begins.**
So anyways, I’m looking for a few recipe testers to help out with….um….recipe testing. The cookbook will be “Modern Asian: fast, fresh and simple enough for tonight’s supper” (yup! just like what my blog header says! It includes 100 recipes + 160 color photographs in a beautiful hardcover book. Nearly every single recipe will include one of my luscious photos! Because I have so many photos, the book won’t be released until next year.
Why so many photos? I don’t know about you, but when I flip through a cookbook and if it doesn’t have photos, I put it back. I’m a very visual person and my brain just naturally gravitates towards eye candy. Which is why I must be blindfolded whenever entering a Sur La Table store. My mind just goes bezerk with sensory overload!
Here’s what recipe testing involves:
- Testing 3 recipes and providing honest feedback on specifics of the recipe and final dish
- Submitting a photo of the dish – so that we can all see if it looks even remotely like my version that I had concocted in my kitchen
- I’m also looking for one organized, sane individual to help manage all the testers and testing feedback
What do you get? Hmmm….how about your name in bright lights in my book? A big hug? An invite to a big massive launch party with lots of famous people and champagne? Ok, still working on the famous people bit, but I AM one degree from Justin Timberlake, one degree from David Beckham and just discovered last week that I’m one degree from Mario Batali!!! My one degree is heading to NY to visit cousin Mario and get this…she’s promised me that she would give him a big, wet kiss on the cheek for me.
WOOHOO! It’s only a matter of time!
Seriously, your help would be most appreciated and yes, your name will be in the book! As for the organized, sane individual who would like to manage the testing, you will be showered with lavish gifts, my next Chia Pet will be named after you and who knows what awesome opportunities will arise from being the First Mate of a new cookbook?
If you’re interested in recipe testing, comment below or just email me at email@example.com. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
edit: holy fish sauce! over 250 testers. LOVE IT. The more, the merrier. Let’s make this a fun cookbook testing group. You guys rock. To answer some of your questions:
1) no, your photos will not be published in the book. It’s for our group reference only.
2) yes, your name will REALLY be in the book!
3) you’ll test 3 diff recipes, each one time.
4) no, I haven’ t personally grabbed Beckham’s ass yet. But I WILL one day….and I will have photos for you when that day comes.
5) no word from Mario, whether or not the kiss on the cheek got him to come to my site. When he comes, you’ll be the first to know.
Dang….that sounded sorta kinky.