Cherries are a great addition to sweeten up any summer meal from breakfast to dinner. Check out these great tips and ideas for your cherries:
- Pick ‘em. Pick your cherries with green stems without brown patches or bruising. Cherries should be plump and firm and not wrinkled or shrunken.
- Pit ‘em. Hack it old school and use a glass bottle with an opening smaller than the cherry and a chopstick. Simply place the cherry stem side down in the class bottle and punch the chopstick through the middle. Learn more ways here.
- Bake ‘em. There is nothing like a pie with peak-of-the-season cherries. Try making scones or cake as well!
- Freeze ‘em. To freeze cherries, remove pits and stems, and then spread in a single layer on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet. Once they are frozen solid, transfer to a freezer-safe storage container. Perfect for smoothies!
- Preserve ‘em. Cherries can last up to a week after purchase; make some jam after that!
- Dry em’. To dry cherries, remove pits and stems, and then spread on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet, or on an oiled rack fitted into a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in 200°F oven for several hours (possibly 6-8), until cherries are dried and wrinkly. This makes an easy lunchbox snack or granola addition.
Try making some of these recipes too!
What is included in this giveaway:
- $100 Whole Foods gift card
How to enter this giveaway:
Fill out the entry form below.
Congratulations to our winner(s)!