I’m not able to make it to Los Angeles for an exclusive screening of Julie and Julia Movie, but would love to choose one of you to be my correspondent, travel paid for! If you’re free this Thursday, July 9th – watch the video!
About Julie and Julia Movie:
“Julia Child (Meryl Streep) and Julie Powell (Amy Adams) are featured in writer-director Nora Ephron’s adaptation of two bestselling memoirs: Powell’s Julie & Julia and My Life in France, by Julia Child with Alex Prud’homme. Based on two true stories, Julie & Julia intertwines the lives of two women who, though separated by time and space, are both at loose ends…until they discover that with the right combination of passion, fearlessness and butter, anything is possible.” ~Columbia Pictures
The event takes place on Thursday, July 9th (yes, this Thurs)
- Exclusive screening of movie at the Arclight Theater on Sunset (movie doesn’t premiere until August…you’re getting a private screening!)
- Cooking demontration
- Meet Julie Powell, Susan Spungen and Le Cordon Bleu Celebrity Chef Brian Malarkey at the California School of Culinary Arts, Hollywood
- Food styling how-to
- Discussion about Julia Child and movie
- After this event (closer to the date of premier), there will be opportunities for interviews with the stars of Julie and Julia, movie tickets as giveaways.
So are you free this week? Here’s what I’m looking for:
- A food blogger to be the Steamy Kitchen correspondent – attend all of the events for that day, take photos, short video clips (optional). Would love for you to grab a couple of fantastic recipes to share from the cooking demonstration.
- Be a guest blogger on Steamy Kitchen, write a post on your trip and the event!
- If you’re in Los Angeles, great! No flights necessary. If you’re not in LA, Sony Pictures will take care of your airfare, hotel for 2 nights and car transportation.
Are you available? Please only enter if you’re seriously interested and available. Because if I choose you and then find out you can’t go…I will come over and pour wine on your keyboard. Enter in the comments (don’t email me)
If you don’t want to enter, but just want to comment with something nice like throwing your support for a particular person, go ahead. I’m all ears.
If you have nothing nice to say, go stuff a chicken. A smelly one.
Tell me in 100 words or less, why we should pick YOU! I’m looking for someone with a fun voice, who can take decent photos and can FedEx me a Kogi BBQ taco! <- just kidding. You don’t have to be a chef, professional writer, photographer or anything. Just someone FUN with genuine enthusiasm and love for food.
I’ll email the winner directly Monday evening by 7pm EST. You’ve gotta respond back to me ASAP because we’ve got so little time to coordinate travel!
Update: 7PM THE WINNER HAS BEEN CHOSEN!!
More information about Julie and Julia Movie
Julie/Julia Project (the blog that started it all)