See all these happy people? That’s because it’s a photo of food bloggers on a beach at Club Med, shot taken by my friend Morgan on Matt’s camera, posed and positioned by Diane (I didn’t want you to think that we did the whole timer thingy and then ran and posed naturally Calvin Klein! Now THAT would be strange!)
Left to right, top to bottom:
Earlier this year, I organized the ULTIMATE food blogger getaway for this fine group of people. At the end of the trip, we all lounged on the beach saying, “there’s no way to top this experience!”
Well, we were wrong.
Food Blogger Camp by ClubMed
First off, a little about the event itself, called the Food Blogger Camp by ClubMed. Yes, I now see the irony of “camp”- there’s nothing camp-like about the Club Med experience! It’s an all-inclusive resort – you are taken care of in every possible way. We’re having this vacation/blogger camp at Club Med Ixtapa in Mexico, January 9-16
The event is by food bloggers for food bloggers, hosted by Club Med. Ten notable food bloggers, writers and photographers will offer daily instruction in their area of expertise. They are: David Lebovitz, Diane Cu & Todd Porter, Michael & Donna Ruhlman, Matt Armendariz, Adam Pearson, Dianne Jacob, Jaden Hair and Elise Bauer.
Participants can attend the seminar at their convenience—staying between 3 and 7 nights.
Each day, bloggers and food writers will lead workshops on how to improve blogging, photography and multimedia skills. You can see the full agenda here.
Extracurricular activities include the bloggers will lead a walking tour of the colorful Zijuatanejo market, taste tacos and tequilas, visit the fisherman’s market and talk with local farmers about their sustainable agriculture.
Club Med Ixtapa Pacific is located on the lush western coast of Mexico, 25 minutes from the Zihuatanejo airport. The resort recently underwent a $20 million renovation and spans 34 acres of pristine beachfront property. A premiere vacation spot for young families, Ixtapa Pacific is the only Club Med in Mexico to offer programs for infants as young as 4 months.
So, when I said “vacation with food bloggers” I really did mean vacation! My boys, 4 and 6 and my husband will be coming with me to this event. Their kids program is outta this world!
Pricing for the Food Blogger Camp
Discounted Food Blogger Camp pricing based for an all-inclusive stay (activities, food and beverages and a standard room with double occupancy) is:
3 nights – $599
4 nights – $699
5 nights – $799
6 nights – $899
7 nights – $999
Direct access to the Booking Page
Please use the login: blogger and password: 160606 to qualify for the Food Blogger Camp discount. Any problems booking, call 1-888-WebClub
Sweepstakes: Win a scholarship to the Food Blogger Camp
**CONTEST OVER! We have a winner! I am excited to announce that Casey from www.goodfoodstories.com is the winner of the Food Blogger Camp scholarship. Casey’s winning comment (# chosen from random number) appeared on David Lebovitz’ blog!**
So if you want to win a scholarship (and vacation!) to Food Blogger Camp – read on. Just a note – if you happen to reserve a spot and you WIN the scholarship – you’ll be refunded what you’ve paid.
- The Winner will receive a seven-night trip including accommodation at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, coach airfare from the Continental US and a scholarship to the Club Med Food Blogger Camp in Ixtapa Pacific valid for the dates January 9-16, 2010 only.
- The Sweepstakes begins on Tuesday, September, 8 2009 and ends on Sunday, September 13, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. EST
- Enter the contest by:
- by making one comment under the Food Blogger Camp post on one or all of seven participating blogger’s post about Food Blogger Camp:
- You can also have an extra entry by following http://twitter.com/clubmedinsider during the contest run dates.
- The more places you post, the more you increase your chances of winning. Only one comment per entrant per blog. Entrants who leave more than one comment per blog will be disqualified.
- Winner will be randomly drawn by Club Med from all eligible entries received on the participating posts and Twitter on or around September 15, 2009.
- The winner may bring a guest at the discounted price of a double occupancy room.
- Food Blogger Camp Rules and Regulations
Read more about our Club Med adventures:
From Jaden of Steamy Kitchen:
My blog will be heavier
What happens in the Bahamas stays in the Bahamas
When the chef’s fish shipment doesn’t arrive
Here fishy fishy
Stephanie Izard’s Steamed mussel and fennel escabeche (recipe)
Mahi Mahi with Pineapple Brown Sugar Glaze (recipe)
Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Crusted Pork Tenderloin (recipe)
Club Med Ixtapa: A Week of Gluttony
Club Med Ixtapa: Salsa Mexicana and Guacamole (recipe)
Club Med Ixtapa: Grilled Fish Tacos with Roasted Corn and Pepitas (recipe)
Club Med Punta Cana
Club Med Punta Cana (family vacation)
Club Med Ixtapa: The Hotness Will Blind You
From Diane of White on Rice Couple:
Bahama Mama Cocktail (recipe)
Blogger pics and mango gazpacho recipe (recipe)
Fish and Cockburn Town
Green Flash Cocktail (recipe)
Deep sea fishing
From Top Chef Stephanie Izard:
Club Med Chef Invasion!
From Steve-Anna Stephens:
Club Med Bahamas