view at 6:30am, 35th floor at Westin Times Square
Well, yesterday officially started Day 1 of the Steamy Kitchen Cookbook book tour with a 5-day stop in NYC! I’ve been to the city 5 times this year already, and I’m hoping that next time I’ll get some kind of frequent visitor perk, like maybe a personal navigator, as the public transportation system is confusing and a bit scary for someone who gets lost even going to the grocery store.
Yesterday, I was the M.C. for the Dumpling Festival (more on that later…lots of pics…)
Today: Barnes & Noble
If you’re in town, I’d love to see you. This afternoon (Sunday 10/25) I’ll be at Barnes & Noble on 86th & Lexington between 3:00pm and 4:00pm signing books and giving away some cool cat gifts. In fact, I’m giving away these gifts at EACH book signing event throughout the Steamy Kitchen Book Tour.
- Scanpan CTX Saute Pan courtesy of Scanpan. This nonstick saute pan is PFOA-free, can sear, braise and brown and the best part is that you can use metal utensils without ever damaging the pan. Love this guy. I know you will too. I’m giving away one!
- MacSpeech Dictate – my secret weapon.
- $50 gift certificate to Earthy.com
- 40 gift bags from Chefs Catalog! Wanna know what’s in the gift bag?! There’s a small kitchen knife in there, a nice shiny, sharp one that I’m sure would look great in your kitchen! Your dull knife will be jealous.
- $100 gift certificate from Chefs Catalog
So, please come by and say hi and share a few laughs with me!
Monday: Today Show
On Monday morning, during the 4th hour of the Today Show with Kathie Lee and Hoda, I’ll be cookin! Both ladies will be in the kitchen with me and we’re making Korean-Style Burgers; Kimchi Fried Rice and Pork and Mango Potstickers.
Oh, you bet I’m nervous! It will be my first big-time national thing. In fact, I’m going to the Today Show studios tonight at 4:30pm for rehearsal. Yes! Rehearsal for a 3 1/2 minute cooking segment! It’s tightly choreographed, like a dance, and well…you don’t want to goof up on national television, right?!
The 4th hour is on a different times in different cities. Here in NYC, it’s on at 10am-11am. In my home market in Florida, it runs at 12pm on NBC.
The cooking segment is the VERY LAST SEGMENT on the show, if any major news happens, guess what gets bumped. So, please, BALLOON BOY’S PARENTS: JUST STAY HOME AND STEP AWAY FROM THE UFO.
Tuesday: Judith Regan Show on Sirius
I’ll be on the The Judith Regan Show on Sirius XM! channel 103 during the 3pm hour.
Wednesday: Martha Stewart Radio
During the 10am hour on Sirius XM Channel 112, I’ll be on the Martha Stewart Radio Show with Terri Trespicio