The recipe for the Pumpkin Whoopie Pies is below – but I’m warning you – they are incredibly addictive. That creamy center has marshmallow creme! Also, all of the products featured in the show will be given away – we’ve got lots of goodies!
- Classic Batter Bowl
- Small Batter Bowl
- Asian Seasoning Mix
- Adjustable Tiered Tower
- Garlic Slicer
- Dots Wine Glasses
- Trifle Bowl
- Julienne Peeler
- Food Chopper
- Quick Stir Pitcher
- Cookie Press
To enter the giveaway, just comment below and tell me what your favorite Pampered Chef item is (mine are the batter bowls!) If you don’t have any Pampered Chef item, tell me what you’d like to have. Contest ends on November 18, 2010. Pampered Chef consultants are not eligible to win….but please tell your customers to enter! GIVEAWAY CLOSED.
Winners: #811 Carla; #324 Katie; #7 Denise; #46 Susitrvl; #878 Erin; #74 Karen; #724 Cathy; #467 Becca; #588 Jessica; #426 Laura; #302 Amana
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies Recipe
For the cookies:
- 3 cups (750 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Pampered Chef Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend (or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon + 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg)
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter (2 sticks), softened
- 2 cups (500 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15 oz) solid pack pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling) (1¾ cups/425 mL)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped, divided
For the filling:
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) butter (11/2 sticks), softened
- 2 ounces (60 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) powdered sugar
- 1 jar (7.5 oz/213 g) marshmallow creme
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, spice blend, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well. In mixer, beat butter and brown sugar medium-high speed until creamy. Add pumpkin; beat until combined. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy. (Mixture will be thin, like a muffin batter.) Gradually add flour mixture; beat until well blended.
- Using a large cookie scoop (about 2" diameter), scoop batter onto prepared Cookie Sheet 2 in. (5 cm) apart; slightly flatten cookies with back of scoop. Press half of the walnuts into half of the cookies. Bake 16-19 minutes or until cookies spring back when lightly pressed. Slide parchment and cookies onto cooling rack; cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter and walnuts.
- Using clean beaters, beat together butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and marshmallow cream on medium-high speed in until well blended. To assemble cookies, turn the cookies without nuts bottom side up. Using a clean, large cookie scoop, scoop filling onto each cookie bottom. Top with remaining cookies with walnuts, pressing down slightly so that the filling spreads to the edge. Wrap each cookie individually with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.