Thai Curry Buddha Bowl with Turkey
Thai curry only takes minutes to make! Add in chunks of leftover, cooked turkey and have a spicy, creamy meal ready in 10 minutes.
- 4 cups cooked jasmine or other white rice
- 2-3 tablespoons Thai curry paste red or green
- 1 ¾ cups unsweetened coconut milk 13.5 ounce can
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce optional
- 1 teaspoon sugar optional
- ¼ red onion sliced
- ½ cup canned bamboo shoots
- 1 cup canned baby corn
- 2 cups cooked turkey 12 ounces, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup fresh thai basil leaves or regular basil leaves
- Crunchy Topping: fried shallots or onions
In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, whisk just together half of the curry paste, coconut milk, fish sauce and the sugar. Give it a taste. If you’d like it spicier, add the remaining curry paste. If the curry is a little bland, add 1 tsp fish sauce and a bit more sugar. Bring to a simmer.
Add in the onion, bamboo shoots, baby corn, cooked turkey and Thai basil. Simmer for 3 minutes, until everything heated through.
To assemble the Buddha Bowl, layer in the rice and curry. Top with crunchy fried shallots and a sprig of Thai basil to garnish.
Calories: 1117kcalCarbohydrates: 170gProtein: 44gFat: 30gSaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 624mgPotassium: 950mgFiber: 7gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 1369IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 96mgIron: 4mg