Grilled Shrimp Chinese Style Recipe
You can use any size shrimp for this recipe - I love using jumbo shrimp. Asians love to keep the shrimp shell on, it's a deliciously messy, eat-with-hands affair! If you prefer to shell the shrimp, that is fine too. You can broil or grill this shrimp.
- 1 pounds shrimp
- 1 stalk green onion, green part only, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely minced chile pepper (or to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- bamboo skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes
Preheat grill to high heat. In a large bowl, add all ingredients and mix thoroughly to coat the shrimp. At this point, you can refrigerate for up to overnight or just proceed to next step.
Skewer the shrimp - for jumbo shrimp, you may want to use two bamboo skewers for each (see photo or video). Grill 2-4 minutes each side (depends on how big the shrimp are). Serve immediately.
To broil, set the oven rack to 8" below heating unit. Broil 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.