Asian Slaw with Ponzu Dressing
If you are not serving immediately, combine the dressing, but do not add the dressing until just before serving.
- 1/4 head cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 pound snow peas, cut on the diagonal into matchsticks
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 fennel bulb, sliced as thinly as possible
- 1/3 cup ponzu sauce, Mitsukan brand preferred
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dark or toasted sesame oil
To make the dressing, in a bowl, whisk together the ponzu, toasted sesame oil, sesame seeds and salt.
In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, snow peas, carrots and fennel. Add half of the dressing, toss to combine and taste. Keep adding additional dressing until you get the desired flavor.