Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
The recipe makes enough chimichurri to last for another meal - it keeps in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks. Instead of red wine vinegar, you can use white wine vinegar or lemon juice. Use any cut of grilled steak you'd like, my favorite is skirt steak.
FOR THE CHIMICHURRI:
- 1 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
FOR THE SKIRT STEAK:
- 2 pounds skirt steak, excess fat trimmed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
To make the chimichurri, combine all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
Season the skirt steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill 2-3 minutes on each side over high heat. Lower heat to medium, cover and cook for an additional 2 minutes for medium-rare (If your skirt steak is 1/2" thick or less, skip this step.)
Let steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Slice across the grain. Serve with Chimichurri Sauce.