Thai Shrimp Curry
The amount of curry paste you use is totally up to you. I've used 2 tablespoons, which is about medium spice level. You can always add more curry paste after tasting, so it's best to start with a little bit and work your way up. If you're cooking rice, make extra and freeze for next time.
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste (or more)
- 12 ounces coconut milk
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms (I used King Trumpet mushrooms)
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 16 basil leaves (optional)
- Cooked rice
Heat a skillet over medium high heat, once hot add in the cooking oil and red curry paste. Whisk for about 30 seconds. Pour in the coconut milk and whisk to combine. When it comes to a simmer, add in the mushrooms and the red peppers and continue cooking for 3 minutes. Taste and whisk in additional curry paste if you want. Add the shrimp to the curry and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the shrimp is cooked through. Stir in the basil and serve over rice.