Cauliflower and Kale Salad (Cauliflower Tabouli)
It takes about 15 minutes to assemble. Leftovers are perfect refrigerated - the kale and cauliflower stay surprisingly crunchy. If you're buying bagged, chopped kale, use 3 large handfuls of kale - but make sure you tear off and discard the tough stalk that runs the entire length of every leaf.
- 3 large kale leaves
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 stalk green onion, finely chopped
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher/sea salt (1/4 teaspoon table salt)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Tear the soft leaf of the kale away from the center stalk that runs throughout the length of the kale. Discard the tough stalk. Using a chef's knife, finely chop the kale leaves. Rock back and forth with your knife over the leaves like you are mincing. Add to a large bowl, along with the cherry tomatoes, green onion and parsley.
Grate the cauliflower using the large holes of a box grater. Add to the bowl and mix.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and the olive oil. Pour dressing into the bowl and toss gently. Taste and season with additional salt if needed.