Salad with Warm Goat Cheese on Toasted Baguette Recipe
adapted fromIn a Cheesemaker's Kitchen by Allison Hooper
- 4 large handfuls of salad greens
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 slices French baguette, 3/4" thick
- 8 slices of aged goat cheese, or other cheese, about 1/3" thick
- olive oil
For the basil vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
To make the dressing, whisk together the basil, mustard, vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Brush each baguette slice with olive oil. Place a goat cheese round or slice on each baguette. Place under broiler until the cheese is soft and a little runny, about 2-3 minutes.
Toss together the salad greens with the tomatoes. Drizzle some of the basil vinaigrette (you may not use all of the vinaigrette) and toss to coat. Serve the salad with 2 pieces of the warm toasted cheese baguette per person.