Disclaimer: Products are provided to Steamy Kitchen for a thorough, honest review. We do not receive payment for reviews. Each review takes 5-10 hours of hands-on testing, writing and editing.
This is one of the most-used small appliances in my kitchen. I use the VitaClay Smart Multicooker to cook rice, stews, and make soups. Think of it as a rice cooker and slow cooker with an all-natural clay pot. It’s been featured as one of the top-rated slow cookers by Good Housekeeping.
I first found out about the VitaClay from my Mom – she purchased the VitaClay, and raved about it! Mom mostly makes an everday Chinese soup in the VitaClay – in the morning, she’ll add in bones or meat (generally whatever is on sale), vegetables (like carrots, daikon, lotus root) and some dried Chinese ingredients for flavoring (dried shrimp, dried scallops or dried mushrooms.) By the time dinner is ready, so is her soup. So little effort for homemade soup!
We love our VitaClay as well – in addition to soups, we love cooking beans in the VitaClay. The current favorite in the family is ham hock, a handful of dried beans (no need to soak), and chunks of carrots. We love that the pot is made of clay – and not the dreaded non-stick pot that comes with most slow cookers and rice cookers. I highly recommend the VitaClay (and so does my Mom!) -Jaden
VitaClay smart multicooker cooks with mineral rich, natural clay to enhance and preserve natural juices, full flavor and taste. The slightly porous clay is unglazed, allowing it to breathe during the cooking process, retaining moisture and essential nutrients. It is free of added lead and Teflon from non-stick glazes, so no chemicals come in contact with your food. The Smart multicooker is totally convenient and fully programmable, thanks to innovative computerized clay heating technology. The all-natural clay cooking bowl rests on a cupped heating pad, which promotes uniform cooking. Preprogrammed settings include regular rice, brown rice, stew and soup. Automatic keep warm for up to 12 hours. When it comes to slow Cooking, it QUICKLY brings the contents up to the boiling temperature two times faster as any of conventional slow cookers, this process seals in the flavor and maintains the texture. It’s like having an automatic gourmet chef right in your kitchen! Great for preparing Fluffy brown rice, white rice, sticky rice and wholesome meals including, tasty soups, savory stews, bean pots, porridges, 30-minute meals, pasta dishes, healthy steam, side dishes, appetizers and more. Perfect for busy professionals and families who want the healthy nourishment of a home-cooked meal on the go!
* Pre-programmed for savory stews, delicious soups and porridge, white, sweet rice, and brown rice. Extensive food cooking versatility including 30 minute meals, bean pot, pasta dishes, healthy steam and whole grain rice!
* Totally programmable
* All-natural pure clay captures fresher flavor and food texture
* Preserves natural juices, all the essential nutrients and vitamins.
* Free of added lead and Teflon® from non-stick chemical glazes
* Requires less liquid, eliminating the need for heavy seasoning and fats
* Slow cooking breakthrough innovation – up to 4 times faster to bring to a boil than conventional slow cookers, then slowly simmer to gourmet perfection, sealing in flavor and retaining texture
* 50% more cooking efficiency, using as much as 50% less energy
* Extra power to cook larger cuts of meat
* 10 minutes up to 5 hours programmable cooking time with 10 minutes increment!
* Automatically keeps warm for up to 12 hours
* 10 minutes preparation time and a snap to clean-up
* FREE international healthy recipe booklet featuring 30 original recipes by VitaClay® Chef Suzanne
* Rice paddle & measuring cup included
* Makes up to 12-cup cooked rice / or 3.2-quart capacity
* Designed For Today’s Passionate Cook
* UL listed, FDA, CA Prop 65 and RoHS laboratory tested
Entry form below.
For Bonus Sweepstakes Entries: Like or Share on Facebook/Twitter — just use those little buttons below the official rules so your bonus entries can be tracked!
Congratulations to our winner(s)!