Are the giveaways legit?
Yes they are! We’ve been publishing Steamy Kitchen for 13 years…and hosting sweepstakes and giveaways for the past 10 years.
How are winners chosen?
It’s all done by the database. No human has a hand in choosing the winners. When you enter the giveaway, your first name, last name and email address are entered into the database. This database is hosted by one of the largest website hosting companies in the world, called Liquid Web. Backups of the server are automatically made very night by the hosting company.
When a giveaway expires:
- The system will randomly choose a winner.
- An automated email is sent to the winner, and also to us at the same time.
- The winner is automatically published on this page that lists all the winners we’ve ever had in the past 10 years.
- Once a week, we send out a weekly email newsletter, listing out the latest winners, with full name, city and state of where we shipped the prizes out to. The people are real, the prizes are real, and the prizes are fulfilled, one by one. If you haven’t already, sign up for our weekly newsletter so that you can get this winner list every week.
How will I know if I’ve won?
- Winners are automatically emailed the moment the winners are selected. The email goes out automatically by the system. Make sure you add email@example.com to your contacts so that the email doesn’t end up in spam or the promotions folder!
- Check this page.
- Sign up for our email newsletter – I announce winners every week.
If I’ve won, what do I need to do?
Immediately reply to the email with your full name, shipping address and shipping phone number! We will get the prize sent out to you. We fulfill prizes once a week – arrival date depends on the retailer or sponsor – but for most prizes we fulfill via Amazon.
I’m from Canada, can I win?
Yes, absolutely! We love our Canadian friends. For our Canadian winners, we reserve the right to provide an Amazon.ca gift card via email for the value of the prize.
I haven’t won! I want to win!
Surprisingly, we get this message a lot from people. Look, it’s a game of chance and the winners are chosen by a computer. Complaining and whining just pisses off the good luck gods!
How do you choose the prizes?
Here’s how we choose what giveaways to feature:
- Sponsor provide prizes, and they can ship direct to the winner, or we can help fulfill the prizes through Amazon or other online retailer.
- Steamy Kitchen sponsors the prize.
- Readers suggest prizes to feature (email us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Free Email Newsletter (I send out just-published giveaways, and this week’s winners, and winners (with city and state) we’ve just fulfilled prizes for.