Are the giveaways legit?
Yes they are! We’ve been publishing Steamy Kitchen for over 16 years…and hosting sweepstakes and giveaways for the past 13 years.
How are winners chosen?
It’s all done by a third party service that we pay for, called ViralSweep. No human has a hand in choosing the winners. When you enter the giveaway, your first name, last name and email address are entered into the database. The giveaways are fair and automated.
When a giveaway expires:
- The system will randomly choose a winner.
- An email is sent to the winner from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The winner is published on this page that lists all the winners we’ve ever had in the past 10 years.
- Once a week, we send out a weekly email newsletter, listing out the latest winners, with full name, city and state of where we shipped the prizes out to. The people are real, the prizes are real, and the prizes are fulfilled, one by one. If you haven’t already, sign up for our weekly newsletter so that you can get this winner list every week. Here are past archives of newsletters (with winner photos!)
How will I know if I’ve won?
- Winners are automatically emailed the moment the winners are selected. The email goes out automatically by the system. Make sure you add email@example.com to your contacts so that the email doesn’t end up in spam or the promotions folder!
- Check this page.
- Sign up for our email newsletter – I announce winners every week with photos of latest winners!
If I’ve won, what do I need to do?
Immediately reply to the email with your full name, shipping address and shipping phone number! We will get the prize sent out to you. We fulfill prizes once a week – arrival date depends on the retailer or sponsor – but for most prizes we fulfill via Amazon.
I’m from Canada, can I win?
Yes, absolutely! We love our Canadian friends. For our Canadian winners, we reserve the right to provide an Amazon.ca gift card in lieu of the prize.
I haven’t won! I want to win!
Surprisingly, we get this message a lot from people. Look, it’s a game of chance and the winners are chosen by a computer. Complaining and whining just pisses off the good luck gods!
How do you choose the prizes?
Here’s how we choose what giveaways to feature:
- Sponsor provide prizes, and they can ship direct to the winner, or we can help fulfill the prizes through Amazon or other online retailer.
- Steamy Kitchen sponsors the prize.
- Readers suggest prizes to feature (email us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Who pays for the taxes and customs duties?
The winner is responsible for any taxes or customs duties.
Every week I send out an email newsletter with recent winner’s photos (the ones who are kind enough to share their photos!), just-published giveaways and all winners including city/state. Here’s archive of winner photos! Sign up for the Free Email Newsletter so you can get notified.