15 Minute Asian Light Meals
8/8 This morning I woke up and Scott surprised me by telling me, “pack 3 days of clothing, we’re going on a surprise trip!” Soooo coooool! We’re just about to leave but I wanted to tell you that I’ll spin the random number generator wheel as soon as I have a moment with Internet access after 3pm.
I have no idea where he’s taking me!! I’m in VEGAS, baby!!!!
It’s my birthday and I wanna give away a cool gift!
Watch my video for details:
Here’s what’s up for grabs – the wonderful Flip Video Ultra 30 Minute It’s about the size of a deck of cards:
Here’s what you need to do:
It’s my birthday on 8/8/08 and I’m compiling a version of Bittman’s 101 Simple Meals Ready in 10 Minutes or Less Except, Asian style. Here are my differences:
- Dish has to be Asian style or inspired: Chinese, Japanese, Indian Korean, Malaysian, Thai, Vietnamese, Singaporean, Filipino, Indonesian,Pakistani, Armenian, Mongolian, Tibetan, Iranian, Hong Kongnese (heehee), Cambodian, fusion etc.etc. (whew)
- Dish has to be ready in 15 minutes or less. Bittman’s 10 minutes just seems really short and as a mother of 2, I get distracted by a kid once every 5 minutes anyways.
- Submit a simple, light, quick meal OR a dish that goes with rice. You don’t have to count rice steaming time. Most Asian meals are accompanied by rice and rice takes about 20-30 minutes to make. So don’t worry about the rice time. Just type in “Serve with rice” in your recipe
- Write the recipe Bittmann style – like this
Steamed Mussels Put three pounds of washed mussels in a pot with 2 tablespoons of Thai curry paste, 2 cups of coconut milk, garlic cloves, Thai basil leaves and chopped tomatoes. Steam until mussels open. Serve with bread or rice. The simpler and more elegant the recipe is, the better. You can link to a recipe, but please at least describe what you’re linking to. Name your recipe too!
- Submit by my birthday, August 8th 3pm EST. Contest open to anyone in the world. I’ll be using the handy Random Number Generator to pick a winner. YOU CAN ENTER ONCE A DAY!!! Come back everyday and submit a new 15 minute recipe if you’d like.
- BONUS! If you blog or Twitter about this contest, you can have an extra entry. Just come back and link to what you’ve posted or just write that you Twitter’d about it
Here are of my favorite “15 Minute Asian Light Meals”
of course, no photo needed for your entry..
|Lettuce Cups Stir-fry 3/4 lb ground chicken with diced red onion, diced water chestnuts, garlic, ginger, 2 tbl oyster sauce and 1 tsp Chinese rice wine. Drain juices, serve in crisp, cold lettuce cups, top with mandarin orange slices|
|Unagi-don Broil defrosted Japanase unagi until hot and the top nicely carmelized, about 5-7 minutes. Serve over rice, top with Kabayaki sauce and shredded nori.|
Will you please enter??