Grilled Fish Tacos with Corn and Pepitas
- 1 1/2 pounds firm fleshed fish fillet 3/4 inch thick (I like grouper or mahi-mahi)
- olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 ears corn shucked
- 2 tomatoes 1/4" dice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cabbage coleslaw mix works well, too
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup pepitas or roasted pumpkin seeds
For the crema sauce
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder substitute with regular chili powder
- Preheat your outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Roll each ear of corn in a damp paper towel. Microwave 2 minutes. Brush olive oil on each ear of corn.
- Brush the fish with olive oil and season with garlic salt and paprika.
- In a bowl, stir together the crema sauce ingredients.
- Brush the grill grates with some olive oil. We'll grill the corn and the fish at the same time. Add the corn onto the grill (rotate frequently during cooking). Grill the fish for 3 minutes each side, taking care not to overcook the fish. During the last minute of grilling, throw the corn tortillas on the grill, flipping halfway.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the kernals off the corn. Assemble tacos with cabbage, a piece of fish, a spoonful of sauce, corn, tomato, a squeeze of lime and a sprinkling of pepitas.
Calories: 439kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 41gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 1033mgPotassium: 949mgFiber: 5gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 835IUVitamin C: 22.1mgCalcium: 161mgIron: 2.5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!