What you’ll learn:
- Simple, 15 minute stir fry recipe for baby bok choy
- Use any ground meat (chicken, pork, turkey, beef)
- Step by step video
This is one of our “house recipes” – something I make quite often and practically with my eyes closed. There’s no measurement, no weighing, just what you’d call a dump-n-stir, except this is more like a throw-in-n-stir-fry.
The great thing about stir fries is that a little meat goes a long ways. Just 1/2 pound of ground chicken will feed 4 people. You can sub with any type of ground meat – I like chicken best.
If you don’t have baby bok choy, sub with Napa Cabbage, regular Bok Choy, or any leafy vegetable like kale!
Baby Bok Choy with Ground Chicken Stir Fry Recipe Video
Bok Choy with Ground Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 pound bok choy, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a wok or large saute pan over high heat, add the cooking oil. When hot, add ground chicken and saute until browned (but not fully cooked through).
- Lower heat to medium-high and add green onion, ginger and garlic and stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add bok choy to wok with the water, toss well to coat with the oil, aromatics and chicken.
- Cover the wok. Allow to cook for 2 minutes or until the bok choy is crisp-tender.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil and toss well for 30 seconds. The baby bok choy should be just-tender in the stem, but not too soft. Serve immediately.
I made this with ground turkey and it was delicious! Thank you for sharing!
I have made this recipe twice now and my husband and I love it! We are big bok choy fans!! I used Mary’s organic ground chicken breast and added some Annie Chin’s Pad Thai brown rice noodles and put some sesame seeds on top for garnish. It is an easy, healthy recipe.
My family loves bok choy! this will be added in our menu. Can’t wait to try this simple yummy recipe 🙂
This looks delicious! I am confident that even I could make it taste good 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
great recipe looking forward to trying it tonight
I made this dish I was definitely tasty!
Thanks for the great recipe!
Is there a difference from playing electric violin and regular violin?
)i(would i be able to start singing lessons, with no
if that thanks was directed at me,then you’re more than welcome,i love bok choy.
My daughters and I like to use bok choy but we never though to use it this way. This recipe is yummy! Thank you
I love bok choy cooked this way and have used ground pork in the past. You just inspired me to try it with ground chicken, which I’m sure my family will enjoy. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Jaden!
I made it with ground chicken thighs and Shanghai Bok choy. Also I like On Choy, which is a seasonal Bok Choy variety.
Loving this recipe, we grow bok choy in our garden so we’re always looking for new recipes. I might try this base with some other greens too!
This looks so delish! I love seeing the crumbled ground chicken in there. Adds so much flavor!
I’ve never had bok choy and am not sure how to use it, but this looks mighty tasty! I love spinach, and this looks like it might taste similar?
Hi Ashley! Yes, use spinach – just cut down the cooking time once you add the spinach.
I’ve always done bok choy as a side dish, never thought to combine it with the meat and make a quick stir fry that way. Love the idea!
Jaden, I love this recipe! (And fish sauce for me, please.)
WOW! Cannot wait to make this recipe. Thank you so much.
I may to have grow Bok Choy myself, to get the small size.
i love bok choy