*I received a Silhouette Cameo for review, but I had actually purchased and paid full price for a machine back in July! Someone is getting a really nice Christmas present next month 🙂
This summer, I bought myself a new toy – the Silhouette Cameo, a crafty cutting machine for creating delicate design cut-outs from paper and fabric! It was quite a splurge for me, buying a machine just from watching some Youtube videos. But I wanted to start learning how to quilt, at the request of Nathan, who wanted me to make a Minecraft quilt for him.
The problem I have with applique quilting is cutting up itty bitty pieces of material. See all these hexagons, the bee and the “hello honey!” — all that was printed — errrr— cut out by the Cameo. It was super easy, took only minutes and I created a one-of-a-kind quilt.
Sewing up the quilt:
Finished quilt top:
The Silhouette Cameo is about the size of a small printer, is crazy easy to use and is just fun to watch.
In addition to being able to draw and upload your own designs, there is an entire online store for downloadable images and crafts:
You can create 3D cards and gifts too.
I love it – it’s a fantastic present for a crafter in your family!
Silhouette 40% off Discount Code Nov 29-Dec 8
The Silhouette Cameo is currently on sale at 40% off for Black Friday. Here’s the info you need:
USE PROMO CODE: STEAMYKITCHEN good until December 8
(1) A Silhouette CAMEO®, Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition Software, a dust cover (the color is decided by Silhouette), a $25 download card, a hook, a scraper, a spatula, and a pick-me-up® tool for $229.99. Retail price for all of this would total $406.93 (over 40% savings!)
(2) A Silhouette Portrait®, Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition Software, a dust cover (the color is decided by Silhouette), a $25 download card, a hook, a scraper, a spatula, and a pick-me-up® tool for $129.99. Retail price for all of this would total $286.93 (over 40% savings!)
(3) A Silhouette CAMEO®, a Silhouette Portrait®, and two $25 download cards for $299.99. That’s right: If you buy a Silhouette CAMEO® at full price, you get two $25 download cards and a Silhouette Portrait® ABSOLUTELY FREE! Retail price for all of this would be $406.93 (over 40% savings!)
(4) 40% off consumable products at silhouetteamerica.com. This excludes machines, subscriptions, download and gift cards. Cannot be combined with any other offers. Rain checks not available.
(5) FREE SHIPPING on orders over $25.
Oh my!! I really want a Silhouette Cameo and now they have them with the new colored LCD. I went over to the web site you listed for this awesome deal but the Silhouette Cameo is out of stock and says to purchase at one of their retail stores. This is great but I won’t be able to use the code to get the portrait one for free 🙁 I was so excited..I’m going to keep checking and pray they get them in stock before Dec. 8th deadline. Thank you for posting this on your Blog.
This is the first I’ve ever heard of this machine. I am very intrigued! I’ll have to investigate further…it seems like there are lots of uses. Does it actually cut the fabric? And paper for labels? ( not a sort of photocopier that you then cut out the templates yourself?) if it actually cuts, then I’m sold! It could be worth saving my allowance for. 🙂
Yes! It cuts fabric and paper 🙂
Hi, I LOVE THAT MINECRAFT QUILT! Was it hard to make? Was there a tutorial somewhere?
Love your blog too 🙂
Hi Tammy! I kinda just made the quilt up as I went 🙂 My kids think I’m some quilting superhero because they’ve now just drawn out a very elaborate Minecraft world quilt idea that they think I’ll just whip up over night!
Are you going to do a giveaway??? (Please, please)
I love my Cameo, and I use it all the time for my cooking creations and other kitchen labels. A pack of sticker paper from Staples is all I need, and I can design labels for everything in my pantry, especially the items I dehydrate and the Mason jars of food I take to my elderly neighbors. I love to make and freeze beef and chicken pot pies for the freezer (raw, and vacuum packed means no freezer burn) and different varieties of fruit pies, all of which must be identified with a label. I don’t think I can cook without my Cameo companion! I am currently making some Christmas gifts of creamed honey and labeling them with my own cute labels, and I’ll make my own boxes to put them in. The Silhouette machines are fantastic!