Having an accurate thermometer is a must for any busy kitchen. Here’s our review of the Maverick PT-1oo Thermometer – jaden
Maverick PT-1oo Thermometer Review
This generously sized kitchen thermometer is in my first drawer, right next to the oven. This is actually our second unit, we had one last year that I gave to my friend, since hers was accidentally dropped and never worked again.
Here’s what I like about the Maverick PT-100 Thermometer:
- It’s big and grippy. As you can see from the photos, the grippy sides means that even with damp or greasy hands from cooking, I can easily grab the thermometer. I also love the loop so that you can hook the thermometer on the backside of any cabinet door, or hang from side of refrigerator with a magnetic hook.
- The thermometer automatically turns on when you swivel out the probe. No buttons. Itty bitty rubber buttons that are found on competitor’s products are difficult to push!
- The Maverick PT-100 Thermometer has a built in guide for temperature. I never have to Google “temperature for lamb.”
- The unit comes with 2 AAA batteries already.
- The PT-100 model is actually a commercial kitchen model, so if it can withstand a high-volume, professional kitchen, it will hold up in yours.
There are only 3 brands of kitchen thermometers that I can vouch for: Maverick, CDN and Thermoworks. Thermoworks is twice as expensive as Maverick and CDN. This commercial grade PT-100 can be purchased on Amazon for less than $55.00.
Here are the specs:
• Water & Dust resistant to IP44
• Shock resistant against multiple 3’ drops onto concrete floor
• High Contrast LCD with Big .5” Backlit Blue-White Digits on Black Display
• Temperature range: -40F (-40C) – 450F (230C)
• 100% Factory Calibration Certificate included guarantees performance & accuracy to NIST standards
• Dimensions closed: 7.4” x 2.2” x .7″
• Probe length: 5″
• Auto Power Save after 5 minutes of inactivity
• Unit turns ON/OFF automatically when the probe is pivoted
• LCD Resolution is: .1C/.1F
• Low battery indicator
• Selectable Fahrenheit or Celsius
• Handy Cooking Chart on body