We are reviewing the Anolon Smart Stack Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set, 11 Piece (87543) after two weeks of use. We’re also giving a set away! – jaden
Anolon Smart Stack: Space Saving Design
- SPACE SAVING COOKWARE SET: Stacking cookware pieces stack smartly for 62 percent more storage space
- OPTIMAL NONSTICK PERFORMANCE: Pots and pans feature sapphire-reinforced, metal-utensil-safe Infinity Slide(tm) nonstick that lasts 16X longer than traditional nonstick and 80X longer than typical ceramic cookware
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Built-to-last hard-anodized aluminum cooking set construction heats quickly and evenly to prevent hot spots that can burn foods
- EASY-CLEAN: Cookware set features enhanced, dishwasher-safe nonstick inside and out for effortless food release and convenient cleanup
- COMFORTABLE COOKWARE SET: Double-riveted stainless steel handles with silicone grips for confident handling from stove to oven
- CONVENIENCE: Shatter resistant glass lids seal in heat and flavor while allowing foods to be watched as they cook
Flat Rivets: Easy Cleaning
My number one pet peeve with cookware are the damn bumpy rivets! Grease, food gets stuck around the rivets and it’s almost impossible to clean. The Anolon Smart Stack’s flat rivets means easy cleaning.
Of course it’s non-stick
The nonstick surface is nothing to brag about….it works well. No metal utensils, though. Stick with silicone, wood or plastic utensils.
The cookware is dishwasher safe, but I hardly ever use the dishwasher for cookware. The kids….on the other hand….are too lazy to wash by hand. This cookware has been in and out of the dishwasher, and I don’t have to stress out about it.
Oven safe up to 400F. Which is perfect. The only cookware I use in the oven for super high temp cooking (broiling, searing) is heavy cast iron….so this set works just fine in the oven for me.
Anolon Smart Stack handles are comfortable enough
The handles are shaped this way so that they interlock for easy storage. This is a set for people with limited space. The handle design is made for this. Not the most comfortable cookware in my hand, but it’s “comfort” isn’t the main selling point of this set….space saving (yet great quality and solid Anolon brand) is it’s main selling point.
Big, generous sizes
I was actually surprised that the stock pot is so large. I love this size. Perfect for family cooking. Not too small (boiling water wont’ spilleth over), not too big (won’t take forever to boil water), not too tall (can still peek inside pot), not too short…just a nice size.
I also like the included steamer that sits on top of the stockpot.
The Anolon Smart Stack Saute Pan is a great size too. The lids fit nice and snug. The lids’ big knob makes it easy to grab without burning your hands.
The lids stack nicely if you want to stack them like this, but they stack efficiently inside the big stockpot like in an earlier photo.