Sweet potatoes make for a delicious and nutritious addition to any Buddha Bowl. The microwave makes cooking whole sweet potatoes so simple, energy efficient (10 minutes vs 1 hr in the oven!) and no mess.
Buddha Bowl Veggies
Buddha Bowl veggies will teach simple and easy ways to prepare vegetables. We will teach you how to cook sweet potatoes in the microwave that saves you so much time and energy.
Why cook sweet potatoes in the microwave
- It is the fastest and most simple way to cook a sweet potato – no need to wait for the oven to heat up
- Clean up is fast: 1 fork and 1 plate
- 10 minutes in microwave vs 1 hour for baking in oven
How to Make a Sweet Potato in the Microwave – Step by Step
- Use a fork to poke many holes in sweet potato
2. Microwave for about 7 minutes (time may vary depending on size of sweet potato)
3. Remove from microwave, poke with a fork to check if it’s cooked through (almost cooked through, but still some raw parts in this potato)
4. If sweet potato is still raw, rotate and continue to microwave in 1 minute intervals
5. Check with a fork again to see if sweet potato is cooked through (now that’s cooked all the way through!)
6. Use a knife to cube sweet potato and season with salt and pepper.
How to cook sweet potato in the microwave
- 1 sweet potato
- Use a fork to poke holes in sweet potato and place in a microwave safe dish.
- Microwave on high for about 7 minutes (time may vary depending on size of sweet potato)
- Remove from microwave and poke with a fork to check if it’s cooked through. If sweet potato is still raw, rotate and continue to microwave in 1 minute intervals until cooked through.
If you have tried making sweet potato cubes in the microwave, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!