Learn how to make this childhood favorite with ingredients you choose, in the microwave, in just minutes! This pizza bagel bites recipe makes a perfect after school snack or a quick lunch for busy work days.
Who doesn’t love bagel bites? This recipe makes them an even tastier and healthier option than frozen store bought bagel bites. Bagel bites take no time to put together and will make you feel like a kid again! You have the ability to get really creative with this recipe and use anything you have in your fridge. Take this opportunity to load up on lots of vegetables that need to be used up to prevent food waste!
Why These Microwaved Pizza Bagel Bites Recipe Works
- You know exactly what you are putting into your body from the type of bagel your choose, to the quality of cheese.
- These are so much more delicious and customizable than frozen store bought pizzas.
- Skip heating up the oven and getting the baking sheet dirty for this single serve meal.
Ingredients For Easy Microwave Pizza Bagel Bites Recipe
- Plain Bagel
- Pizza Sauce
- Sausage or Bacon Bits, cooked
- Shredded or Fresh Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Chopped Green Onions
How to Cook Pizza Bagel Bites in the Microwave
- Pop a bagel in the toaster oven and toast for about 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Remove from the toaster and place onto a microwave safe plate.
- Spread the bagel with pizza sauce, sprinkle with cheese, protein of choice, and green onions.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, or until the cheese is melted.
Tips for Making Perfect Bagel Bites in the Microwave
Get creative with your toppings. Try using Canadian bacon and pineapple for a mini take on Hawaiian pizza. Add mini pepperonis and any vegetable you can pull from your produce drawers. Now is a great time to also utilize canned items. My favorites are black olives and artichoke hearts.
Keep an eye on your bagel while it is in the microwave to make sure that the cheese doesn’t overcook and ruin your pizza bagel bites. If you prefer extra crispy ‘crust’, leave your bagel in the toaster until toasted to your liking!
Pizza Bagel Bites in the Microwave
- 1 plain bagel
- 4 tbsp pizza sauce
- 2 tbsp sausage or bacon bits
- 1/4 cup shredded or fresh grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- Pop bagel in the toaster and toast for about 1 minute or until golden brown
- Remove from toaster, place on a plate, on either half of the bagel, spread pizza sauce, sprinkle cheese, meant and green onion; microwave on high for 1 minute or until cheese is melted, enjoy!