Learn how to make pantry staple Queso in just minutes in your microwave. This cheesy dip recipe is perfect to throw together as an appetizer or snacking dip for parties and small gatherings.
Let this homemade Queso be the answer to the question, “What do I serve people for a last minute get together?” It is definitely one of my guilty pleasures, so when I’m craving a creamy, luscious queso, I want it immediately. Thankfully, this recipe is so quick, it satisfies me, and whoever has the pleasure of eating it, enjoying it right away.
Why This Microwaved Queso Dip Recipe Works
- Little preparation and minimal cleanup.
- Everything tastes better dipped in homemade Queso!
- Quick versatile snack to make anytime of day.
- Microwave queso dip cuts down on the chore of cooking all together.
Ingredients For Easy Queso Dip Recipe
- Velveeta Cheese
- Evaporated Milk
- Diced Tomatoes
How to Cook Queso Dip in the Microwave
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine all ingredients and microwave on high in one minute increments.
- Stir between each minute until cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from the microwave and stir in any other additions!
Flavor Variations for this Microwave Queso Dip
This easy microwave Queso recipe is meant to be a black canvas fo your own queso creations!
Make it spicy! If you are looking for more heat, chop up fresh jalapeños and mix it in. Even using already pickled jalapeños is a fun addition for a spicy, sweet, and tangy kick!
Double the protein. Craving a fully loaded queso dip? Saute some spicy chorizo or ground beef and stir it in once the cheese has fully melted.
Let is rain loads of cilantro! We are huge cilantro lovers in this house, so I always say the more cilantro, the better.
Green chilis are a staple in my pantry. Those tiny chilis pack a bit of heat, but not as much as jalapeños. Open up a can and add them to the rest of the ingredients before popping the bowl in the microwave.
What to Serve with Microwave Queso Dip
You can go the traditional tortilla chip route, but you can also use fresh sliced veggies. Think celery, cucumbers, and carrots! Regular potato chips are obviously a delicious choice too!
If you don’t finish all of the queso, seal it up and put it in the fridge for later. It reheats very well and will last up to five days.
Microwave Queso Dip
- 1 lb Velveeta Cheese cut into cubes
- 5 oz can evaporated milk
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine all ingredients and microwave on high in 1 minute increments, stirring in between, until cheese is melted
- Remove from microwave, mix well, enjoy!