Monkey bread is something I grew up eating as a treat. It took time to prepare, especially when making the dough from scratch and was doused in the most delicious cinnamon sugar mixture. I’d like to say we all have time to do that, but the reality is, we don’t! Instead, learn how to make this quick microwaved monkey bread recipe that is done in under 10 minutes. Yes, really!
This delicious, decadent treat is perfect to share with both friends and family. It’s a fun, sweet breakfast to wake up to on weekend mornings swarming the house with smells that you can get tired of smelling. It’s is also easy enough for your kids to make it for you! Sure, this recipe can get a little messy and be prepared to have some well deserved sticky fingers, but it is incredibly delicious and highly addictive.
Why This Microwaved Monkey Bread Recipe Works
- Quick cooking time with minimal prep and clean up.
- Avoid turning on your oven and save energy with this microwave method.
- Monkey bread is delicious and time consuming, but this microwave version is done and ready to serve in under ten minutes!
- It’s made with only 5 simple ingredients and cooked in the microwave. It doesn’t get any easier than this!
Ingredients For Easy Microwave Monkey Bread Recipe
- White Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Biscuit Dough, from a can
How to Cook Monkey Bread in the Microwave
- In a microwave safe bowl, add butter and microwave for 30 seconds, or until the butter is melted.
- Mix in the white sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut biscuit dough into squares and place in a microwave safe bundt pan.
- Pour the butter and sugar mixture over the biscuit squares and toss to coat evenly.
- Microwave on high for five minutes, remove, and flip it out onto a plate to cool.
- Top with a glaze or eat as is!
This microwave monkey bread recipe is so easy to make, coated with a rich butter and cinnamon sugar mixture. Just because this is an easy microwave recipe, doesn’t mean you will miss out on any of the incredible flavors of traditional baked monkey bread.
How can I coat the biscuit dough better?
To better coat your monkey bread, you can opt to make a mixture of white sugar and cinnamon to toss your biscuit dough square in. Afterwards pour the butter and brown sugar mixture over the dough after it is placed in the bundt pan.
What Kind of Biscuit Dough Should I Use?
Since the dough is the base of this recipe, choose a higher quality store bought brand, if possible. Flaky or buttermilk biscuit dough works super well in this easy microwave recipe.
I don’t have a microwaveable bundt pan, what can I use instead?
No microwave bundt pan, no problem! Use a deeper microwave plate and place a small microwave safe bowl in the middle and build your monkey bread around the bowl.
How do I know my Monkey Bread is Fully Cooked?
Once the microwave hits 5 minutes, it’s important to keep an eye on your monkey bread as all microwaves are a bit different. If you notice that the biscuit dough has risen just a little, it’s likely finished cooking. We suggest not cooking it beyond 6 minutes, as your risk your monkey bread drying out.
How Long Will the Monkey Bread Stay Fresh?
While it will stay fresh for up to 3 days in the refrigerator when stored in an airtight container, it is best to eat it hot and fresh. If you choose to reheat your monkey bread, consider making another butter and sugar mixture to drizzle on the bread to keep it from drying out too much.
Monkey Bread in the Microwave
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 cans biscuit dough
- In a microwave bowl, place butter and microwave on high for about 45 seconds or until melted, mix in sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon
- Cut biscuit dough into squares and place in a microwave safe bundt pan
- Pour butter and sugar mixture over biscuit squares and mix to coat all of them evenly
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes, remove, flip out onto a plate and let cool