“How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you.” – Rupi Kaur
I am a firm believer of this. Self love looks different for us all, but at the core of it, it is how we treat ourselves and our own self perception. We can often be our own biggest critics and often find ourselves loving those around us, without pausing to pour that love into our own cup.
This giveaway is designed to help connect you and remind you to tune into yourself this week, we want to give you the chance to win a $100 Paypal Gift Card, with the intention of using it towards self care, joy sparking, and self love.
Read more below on some quick self love tips!
6 Fun Ways to Give More Self Love This Month:
- Explore Somewhere New: bonus points to do this alone! Book a staycation, take a drive a different way, check out the location you’ve always wanted to in your town. Exploring new places and bringing in adventure is a great way to open your mind, create great memories for yourself, and have some fun in a different way.
- Give Yourself More Me Time: If you are someone who puts everyone and everything ahead of yourself, it’s time to block in some time for yourself. This might be daily, this might be weekly, but actually scheduling in time to reconnect to yourself is a great way to fill up your own cup throughout the week, leading to happier and more joyful connections.
- Buy Your Comfort Drink: Time to treat yourself to a warm comforting drink this week, especially while we are still in the colder months. I love going to the coffee shop, buying a warming latte and bringing a journal or book to check in with myself as I sip!
- Buy Yourself Flowers or Plants: We all love to receive flowers (men this is for you too!) and I even love to buy myself a plant that will be (hopefully) long lasting. The act of watering the plant can also be a time to bring some presence and self love to yourself each time you water it , reminding to “water yourself” so to speak!
- Gratitude Journal: This really is something I speak about often, because it is such a good practice. Writing out things that you love about yourself is such a powerful thing to remind yourself of who you are. This sometimes can be challenging if we are not used to self complementing! Try it out this week!
- Feel Good About Yourself: This is easier said than done for some of us. But in relation to gratitude journaling, start to celebrate even small things about yourself. You did the dishes – amazing job! You got out of bed, pat on the back! Start small with celebrating small wins, and watch your momentum start rolling into bigger accomplishments and more confidence! Reminder – you deserve to feel good about yourself!
Feel free to save this image and share to your social media. Make sure you tag us at @steamykitchen if you do!
Enter the giveaway below to win a $100 PayPal Gift Card filled with love and intention to give back to yourself! We wish each and every person luck and self love this month!
Leave us a comment! We want to know – what is one way you can show self love to yourself this week?
Self Love $100 Paypal Gift Card
I am a school psychologist and run a small 501(c)3 nonprofit cat/kitten rescue…I could use some self-care!
Always a treat to win so you can treat yourself.
I’d pull it to show some self love!
I really need this so I can finally afford a pair of shoes for little boys. This could hélice worried
Wow!!! I’d love to win some money and use it for some me time!!! I would get a special coffee somewhere and do a little retail therapy!! Thanks for the chance to win!!
Sleeping in this week
Would like to win
Because I need to be kinder to myself and I’m my worst critic
Thank you for sharing Anita!
We like to start small by just complimenting yourself for one simple thing.
This can help build momentum to be kinder to yourself starting small!
LONG BUBBLE BATH
Well with my birthday on the 16th I can self love by treating myself to a nice gift that I need
Even though I am by myself at home alone most of the time, I still feel like I could use some me time. Thinking of maybe getting out of the house and getting apedicure for some self love.
Exercise and fresh air this week was filled with snowshoeing
Me time and go for a pedicure!