With a photo like that, do I really need any words?!
I firmly believe that in order to start off the New Year properly, one must have chocolate. And lots of it.
Janet, wonderful customer of my husband’s company, brought these Chocolate & Toffee Barks into the office a few months ago.
I snuck a piece.
Crunchy. Chocolatey, Nutty. Toffeeeey.
And then snagged another.
Crap. I was addicted, and had to email Janet for her recipe, partly because I needed to feed my new addiction…but mostly because I had to replenish the stash that I snuck. Surprisingly, it was no more than a handful of ingredients that I already had on hand and the only skill needed was stirring, spreading, chilling and eating.
Dark Chocolate & Toffee Macadamia Bark
- 1/2 box of graham crackers
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 pound butter (2 sticks)
- 3 cups dark chocolate chips (or your favorite chocolate bars, broked up in small pieces)
- 1 cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts (or other nut if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a lipped baking sheet with a layer of tin foil. Arrange a single layer of graham crackers in the pan without overlapping. In a small saucepan, melt butter and add the sugars. Whisk to dissolve. Let boil and simmer for 5 minutes on low. Very carefully pour mixture onto the graham crackers, working quickly with a spatula to even out the layer. Bake 10 minutes. Remove and evenly spread out the chocolate chips and leave it to melt for 5 minutes. Using spatula, spread the melted chocolate evenly. Top with chopped nuts. Let cool. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Break pieces.Share with the world.