Asian Salmon Burgers
- 1 pound Salmon Filet, minced into 1/4" dice or smaller
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic (best to use a garlic press)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Hoisin
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, minced
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Additional 2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce to brush on burger
- 4 Burger buns, lettuce, tomato slices, mayonnaise
- In a small bowl, combine ginger, garlic, soy, hoisin, sesame oil, and egg.
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, red onion and 1/4c of the Panko. (Set aside the remaining Panko in a shallow bowl.)
- Add the liquid ingredients to the salmon mixture. Shape the salmon into 4 burger patties. Carefully dredge each burger in the remaining Panko.
- Cover and refrigerate burgers for at least 1 hour up to 4 hours. 5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat oil in a non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Fry burgers (don't overcrowd!) 2 minutes on first side, Turn. Fry second side 1 minute. Brush a small amount of Hoisin on the tops of the burgers. 6. Bake in oven for 3 minutes, or until cooked through. If you like your salmon medium rare, only bake for 2 minutes. Serve with buns, lettuce, tomato slices.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Excellent salmon burger recipe. I’ve made it a few times now. Once I was out of panic bread crumbs, so I threw a bunch of wasabi peas in my food processor and dredged the burgers in the powdery peas – it held them together beautifully and added a great flavor to the outside.
Thank you, this is such a great recipe!
Don’t see the need for freezing all that time, easiest to blitz salmon and everything else in food processor, I added spring onions and sweet chili sauce. Finally, no need to fry just bake 20 mins. Perfect!
Very delicious burgers, eating them now 😉
I made these last night and they were perfect! I used the salmon my husband caught here in Alaska. He pulled the pin bones out with pliers and I skinned it. Make sure you freeze your meat first to kill parasites if it’s fresh. I didn’t have hoisin sauce so I made my own concoction. Next time I will have to try it. I also only had shallots instead of onion, and home made bread crumbs, but they still worked great. I also mixed sesame seeds into the bread crumbs in the shallow pan. I topped my burgers with miso cole slaw and I made wasabi mayo. Excellent flavor combo. Thanks for the perfect recipe, I have tons of salmon and will be making this again and again.
These salmon burgers look really good. I hope I get a chance to make them this weekend.
Wouldn’t the salmon burgers have fish bones in them?
Buy salmon fillets, which do not have bones.
We saw a recipe for “no knead bread” on America’s Test Kitchen and it looked so good! We went on the Web to find the recipe and would not allow to access unless a member! Sooo, ltried ask.com and came up with your Web. WOW! I immediately added to my FAVORITES! Fantastic! Plus I have been making Salmon Burgers for a few years and yours is Exactly Mine! I know you are GOOD! Thank You! Don
You’re quite welcome!