I purchase my spices at www.spice-appeal.com. Their spices are high quality and come in beautiful containers. The spice blends are my favorite – a teaspoon totally transforms a dish from ordinary exotic. For these skewers, I used Ras El-Hanout, a Moroccan blend of nutmeg, cinnamon, rosebuds, pepper, ginger, allspice, turmeric, cloves, cardamom, chilies, lavender and other spices.
Moroccan Grilled Shrimp & Vegetable Skewers
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled, leave tail on
- 1 whole roasted red bell pepper from jar, cut 1" squares
- 3 zucchini, cut into 1/2" chunks
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 pint mushrooms
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 3 T low-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Ras El Hanout
- salt & pepper
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Ras El Hanout salt & pepper
- Marinate both shrimp and vegetables for 1 hour. In meantime, make sure the bamboo skewers are soaked so that they don't burn.
- Shrimp: Alternate shrimp and red bell pepper on skewer. Pre-heat BBQ grill. Grill 1 minute each side on med-high flame.
- Vegetable: Alternate vegetables on each skewer. Grill 2-3 minutes each side on med-high flame.