How to steam Brussels sprouts in the microwave in just 6 minutes.
Buddha Bowl Veggies
This recipe is super simple and easy, perfect for when you need to whip up a vegetable to throw into your Buddha Bowl recipes.
Why Steam Brussels Sprouts in the Microwave?
Steaming vegetables in the microwave is quicker, easier and more energy efficient than other cooking methods.
- 1 lb of Brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lemon wedge
- Salt & pepper
How to Steam Brussels Sprouts in the Microwave – Step by Step
- Trim and halve the Brussels sprouts. Transfer to a microwave safe dish, add water
- Cover with a plate or a lid and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes
- Top with butter, a squeeze of lemon, season with salt and pepper.
How to Buy Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts can be bought on the stalk, loose, or prepackaged in a bag. Brussels sprouts on the stalk can be bought at the farmer’s market and are a little difficult to store, but are the freshest ones you will find!
When choosing loose Brussels sprouts to buy, look for green leaves and feel that it is firm and compact. Yellowing leaves or dark spots indicate that the Brussel sprout is not good.
Brussel sprouts in the bag are also a good option if you know that you will be in a hurry to cook them!
What to Season Brussel Sprouts With
There are so many delicious ways to season Brussels sprouts! A classic is drizzling them with a store bought Balsamic vinaigrette or any of these Buddha Bowl sauces. Another simple way to season Brussels sprouts is tossing them in olive oil and roasted garlic, topping with parmesan cheese, and sprinkling with salt and pepper.
How to Steam Brussel Sprouts in the Microwave
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 wedge lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place Brussels sprouts in a microwave safe dish, add water.
- Cover with a plate or lid, and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes. Check for doneness.
- Drain, mix in the butter to melt, squeeze fresh lemon on top, season with salt and pepper.
If you have tried making steamed Brussels sprouts in the microwave, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!