Steamed Carrots in the Microwave
Learn how to steam carrots in the microwave in just minutes! Use this handy recipe to steam your favorite kind of carrots in the microwave.
Buddha Bowl Veggies
This recipe is great for when you need a side dish, a small healthy salad, or your kids won’t eat raw vegetables. Steaming carrots in the microwave is simple and tastes delicious! All you need are carrots, a microwave safe bowl, and water.
We love carrots because they’re affordable, always in stores and healthy! You can steam baby carrots or chopped carrots to make a great holiday or everyday side dish.
Why Steam Carrots in the Microwave?
Steaming carrots in the microwave is the easiest, fastest and most energy efficient way to cook carrots. If using baby carrots, cut them in half.
Ingredients for Steaming Carrots in the Microwave
- 3 cups carrots
- 3 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp butter (optional)
- Salt & pepper (optional)
How to Steam Carrots in the Microwave
- Chop the carrots into 1/2″ thick rounds
- Place carrots in a microwave safe dish (like Pyrex), add water
- Cover with a plate or lid and microwave on high for about 3 minutes
- Check for doneness. Continue cooking in 30 second intervals.
- Transfer to a serving dish, top with butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Steam carrots in the microwave in just minutes! Depening on how many watts your microwave is, cook time may vary.
- 3 cups sliced carrots in 1/2" thick rounds
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp butter to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place carrots and water in a microwave safe dish. Cover with a plate or lid and microwave on high for about 3 minutes. Check for doneness. Microwave in 30 second intervals until desired doneness. Drain. Transfer to serving dish, mix in the butter to melt, and season with salt and pepper.
Other Quick Dishes to Make with Steamed Carrots
- Steamed carrot salad with a balsamic dressing and parmesan cheese
- Maple syrup or brown sugar glazed carrots with just a sprinkle of salt
- Sweet and sour sauce of your choice tossed in toasted sesame seeds
- Mixed steamed veggie dish with one of our other recipes
If you have tried making steamed carrots in the microwave, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!