How to steam any peas in the microwave in just a few minutes! Add a sweet snap to your Buddha Bowl in a pinch. Recipes for steaming fresh and frozen peas in the microwave.
Buddha Bowl Veggies
Buddha Bowl veggies will teach you the easiest and most time efficient ways to cook veggies. Making steamed peas in the microwave is a great recipe to have memorized because it is so easy and convenient. Peas make a great addition to a Buddha Bowl or a side dish.
More Peas Please!
Ingredients for steaming peas in microwave
Below are instructions for steaming 1 cup of peas (the printable recipe is for 2 cups, 4 servings).
- 1 cup of peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp of butter (optional)
- Salt & pepper (optional)
How to Steam Fresh Peas in the Microwave
- Combine peas and water in a microwave safe bowl
- Cover with plate and microwave on high for 4 minutes
- Remove, stir, microwave for another 1 minute
- Transfer to a serving dish, top with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper, enjoy!
How to Steam Frozen Peas in the Microwave
Same instructions as above, but only microwave for 1-2 minutes.
When buying peas at the grocery store, a helpful tip is to keep in mind that they should be firm to the touch. Also, smaller peas tend to be on the sweeter side, so aim for medium-sized firm peas. Larger sized peas are not the best for steaming!
How to Steam Peas in the Microwave
- 2 cups peas fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- For fresh peas: Combine peas and water in a microwave safe dish. Cover with plate and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes.
- For frozen peas: Combine peas and water in a microwave safe dish. Cover with plate and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain, stir in the butter to melt and season with salt and pepper.
If you have tried making steamed peas in the microwave, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!