How to Dry Herbs in the Microwave
Learn how to dry herbs in the microwave in just minutes. If you don’t have any spices or dry herbs on hand, but you have some in the fridge or backyard, dry them on your own!
Buddha Bowl Basics
Buddha Bowl basics will teach you simple kitchen basics to help you save food and add flavor to your bowl. This recipe for Roasted Garlic is great for… well just about anything! Add it in with vegetables, cook protein with it, or mix some minced garlic into your bowl.
Why Dry Herbs in the Microwave?
- It is the fastest and easiest way to dry herbs
- Little prep time and minimum clean up
- Use this recipe to quickly add a fresh herbaceous flavor to anything!
- Any herbs you want to dry out
How to Dry Herbs in the Microwave – Step by Step
- Wash the herbs and make sure they are clean. Pat dry with a paper towel and pick out the stems and dead leaves.
- Lay herbs out flat on a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and check. If herbs are not dry, microwave in 30 second intervals until brittle.
Add dried herbs to any recipe! Microwave herbs from the fridge or in the backyard and make your very own dried herbs in no time.
- 1 bunch any herbs
Wash the herbs and make sure they are clean. Pat dry with a paper towel and pick out the stems and dead leaves.
Lay herbs out flat on a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
Remove from microwave and check. If herbs are not dry, microwave in 30 second intervals until brittle.
More Tips For Dried Herbs
If you would rather go to the store and buy already dried herbs, by all means go for that option! Remember one tablespoon of fresh herbs is equal to one teaspoon of dried herbs.
This spice rack is also a beautiful option and they offer free refills for 5 years you pay only shipping and handling per order!
If you have tried making dried herbs in the microwave, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!