How to Roast Eggplant in the Oven
Eggplant is easy to cook and has a delicious savory flavor, sprinkled with a super simple seasoning. We will show you the fastest and easiest way to cook tender and flavorful eggplant to add into you Buddha Bowl.
Buddha Bowl Veggies
Buddha Bowl veggies will teach you the quickest and easiest ways to cook and season vegetables. For the fastest method of cooking, use “Level One Method.” For the most flavor, but a few extra steps, use “Level Three Method.”
Why Roasted Eggplant is the Best
- Fastest and easiest way to cook eggplant
- Yummy Buddha Bowl add-in!
- Eggplants are a nutritious and healthy option
- Cook along with other veggies to save time and dishes
- 1 eggplant
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh or dried herb of your choice
How to Roast Egg Plant – Step by Step
- Preheat oven to 425º F
- Cut eggplant into 1″ cubes or thinly slice and toss in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread out evenly on a baking sheet and place in oven to roast for 30 minutes – or until the skin of the eggplant is light brown.
Ways to Make Eggplant Taste Better
Pop your diced or sliced eggplant in the microwave for about 5 minutes before tossing in olive oil and seasoning. This will help to draw out some of the moisture and allow the eggplant absorb more flavor.
After removing eggplant from microwave, toss in olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika.
Place in oven to roast, remove and toss in any herb of your choice. Enjoy!
This method takes the longest, but works the best for removing moisture and bitterness from eggplant. Slice or dice the eggplant and place in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and allow to sit for about 45 minutes to an hour. Rinse in cold water, lay out on paper towels and pat to dry.
Begin the recipe from slicing or dicing the eggplant.
The fastest and easiest method for cooking eggplant!
- 1 egg plant
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp herb of your choice
Preheat oven to 425ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Dice eggplant into 1" cubes or thinly slice. Place pieces in a bowl and toss in olive oil, salt and pepper.
Lay out evenly on baking sheet and roast for about 30 minutes or until eggplant is golden brown.
If you have tried making roasted eggplant in the oven, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!