Roasted cherry tomatoes are bursting with flavor and make a juicy addition to any Buddha Bowl. Keep reading to learn the easiest and fastest way to cook cherry tomatoes in the oven.
Buddha Bowl Veggies
Buddha Bowl veggies will teach you the fastest and most flavorful ways to cook vegetables. We will show you how to make flavorful oven roasted tomatoes. For the most time efficient method, follow directions for “Method 1.” For the most flavor, but a little bit of a longer process follow directions for “Method 2.”
Tips for Roasting Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- It’s better to halve the cherry and grape tomatoes, if you are planning to eat them hot out of the oven. Biting into a cherry tomato can send hot juices bursting out!
- Using minced garlic will burn in the oven. You can use garlic powder, or throw on whole, peeled cloves onto the baking sheet. The garlic cloves will roast alongside the tomatoes. Then, just pop them out of the skin and give them a quick smash.
- Using fresh herbs will dry in the oven – turning them a little bitter, but almost like a dried herb. Add the fresh herbs halfway through the roasting, or use dried herbs.
- Wait until the tomatoes are roasted before seasoning with salt. Salt draws out water – and we want as much of the juiciness to stay in the tomatoes as possible.
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes in the Oven
- 1 package cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 8 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the tomatoes and garlic cloves with olive oil, transfer to baking sheet. Roast 20-25 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
If you have tried making roasted tomatoes in the oven, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!