How to Roast Tomatoes in the Oven
Fresh and raw tomatoes are yummy, but roasted tomatoes are bursting with flavor and make a juicy addition to any Buddha Bowl. Keep reading to learn the easiest and fastest way to cook tomatoes in the oven.
Buddha Bowl Veggies
Buddha Bowl veggies will teach you the fastest and most flavorful ways to cook vegetables. We will show you how to make flavorful oven roasted tomatoes. For the most time efficient method, follow directions for “Method 1.” For the most flavor, but a little bit of a longer process follow directions for “Method 2.”
Why Roasted Tomatoes Are Great
- Use up any tomatoes that you have in the fridge
- The quickest and easiest method to cooking tomatoes
- Roasted tomatoes are bursting with flavor
- Add them into any Buddha Bowl
- Cook in bulk, save leftovers and use in other recipes!
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Any fresh/dry herbs of your choice
How to Roast Tomatoes – Step by Step
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cut tomatoes and place in a bowl with olive oil, salt & pepper, toss to coat and lay out evenly on the baking sheet with the flesh facing up
- Roast for about 30 minutes
How to Add More Flavor to Roasted Tomatoes
Cut tomatoes and place in a bowl with olive oil, salt & pepper, toss to coat and lay out evenly on the baking sheet
Add garlic and fresh or dry herbs, like thyme, and roast for about 30 minutes
Sprinkle tomatoes with feta cheese!
Add fresh and flavorful oven roasted tomatoes to any Buddha Bowl!
- 1 package cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 450ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
Slice tomatoes in half and place in a bowl. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper, and lay out evenly on baking sheet
Roast for about 30 minutes
If you have tried making roasted tomatoes in the oven, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!