I recently took a trip to The Pampered Chef headquarters in Chicago to host their first ever live online cooking show featuring holiday recipes and decor tips. I had great fun, thousands of people watched online and here is one of the recipes that we made on the show.
The original recipe calls for chicken, but since I know that you’ll have plenty of turkey leftover from Thanksgiving, this is a great way to use them!
Thai Basil Turkey Lettuce Wraps
FOR THE PEANUT SAUCE:
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup store-bought poppy seed salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 8 large Boston or bibb lettuce leaves
- Additional chopped peanuts and chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Combine peanuts, basil, dressing, vinegar and water in a small bowl; set aside.
- For salad, peel cucumber; slice into julienne strips, avoiding seeds. Slice bell pepper into thin strips. Shred chicken; toss with half of the sauce. Set remaining sauce aside for dipping.
- To serve, divide cucumber among lettuce leaves. Spoon turkey mixture over cucumber. Top with bell pepper. Garnish wraps with additional peanuts and basil, if desired. Serve with remaining peanut sauce.