The quickest oven roasted asparagus method is very high heat + olive oil. Find the fattest spears you can to make this recipe.
Fastest way to roast asparagus
Pre-heating the baking sheet in a high-heat oven at 500F and plenty of olive oil can cook perfect asparagus in 10 minutes in the oven. This recipe works best with fat spears (1/2″ or thicker).
Quickest Oven Roasted Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus about 1 1/2 pounds - 2 pounds
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Arrange the rack to the lowest position in the oven. Place a baking sheet into the oven to pre-heat. Heat oven to 500F.
- Trim the tough ends of the asparagus. If the asparagus is thicker than 3/4", run a vegetable peeler down the thickest half of the stalk to expose the tender, lighter colored stalk.
- With oven gloves, carefully remove the hot baking sheet and add in the asparagus. Drizzle on olive oil and shake the pan to distribute the oil evenly. Return to oven and roast 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.