In this Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings, you’ll learn:
- Oven bake chicken wings instead of frying chicken wings! Less mess, healthier, more flavor.
- Chef Jesse Thomas’ secret herb formula
- Optional blue cheese/Dijon mustard dipping sauce
This recipe for Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings is a must-try. If I could, I’d duct tape it front and center on my favorite recipes list. These, along with Momofuku’s Chicken Wings make me a very happy girl. Forget Buffalo wings, forget even the Hooters wings (I just heard my husband gasp). The next time you’re at the market, grab a couple pounds of wings and try this out.
But wait. It gets better.
The dipping sauce is a mixture of blue cheese dressing with Dijon mustard.
Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings Recipe
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt or 1/2 tsp table salt
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced (use a garlic press)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt like Lawry's
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1-2 teaspoons Dijon mustard or to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F. In a small bowl, mix together the oregano, rosemary, cumin and salt. Lay the chicken wings on a baking sheet and season the chicken wings with this mixture.
- Bake the chicken wings for 20-25 minutes. While the chicken is baking, mix together the butter fresh basil, garlic, parmesan cheese and seasoning salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the blue cheese dressing with the mustard (this is your dipping sauce)
- When the chicken is cooked through, toss the wings with the garlic/cheese/olive oil (or butter) sauce. Serve with the blue cheese/mustard dressing.