Learn how to cook bok choy or baby bok choy vegetable in the microwave – this recipe only takes 3-5 minutes. No pan or wok needed.
Why cook bok choy in the microwave:
- No pan or wok needed
- Takes 3-5 minutes
- Use less cooking oil
- Bok choy retains bright green color and is perfectly cooked
- You can cook any vegetable this same way….not just Asian vegetables.
- Bok choy, baby bok choy, tat choi
- cooking oil
- Asian sesame oil (optional)
How to cook bok choy in the microwave recipe:
Separate each leaf. Cut each in half, separating the stem from the leafy greens. Put the stems on the bottom of a microwave-safe dish. Place the leaves on top.
Cover. Microwave 2 minutes, mix well. Season with some salt and drizzle cooking oil all over. Mix again. Microwave at 1 minute increments until done. Finish with a drizzle of Asian sesame oil.
Step by step – cook bok choy in the microwave video:
How to cook bok choy or baby bok choy in microwave recipe
- Microwave-safe dish with lid
- 1 pound bok choy
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- Wash and trim the bok choy leaves. Cut each leaf in half, separating the tougher stems from the leafy greens. Place stems first into a microwave safe bowl. Place leafy greens on top.
- Cover and microwave for 2 minutes. Mix well, season with salt and cooking oil. Mix again. Microwave 1 minute increments until done (you can give the bok choy a good mix after each minute).
- When done, drizzle with Asian sesame oil.