Learn how to steam broccoli in the microwave in no time! Start with a head of broccoli or a bag of uncooked broccoli and use this recipe to steam it in no time.
Buddha Bowl Veggies
Broccoli is a great tasty option for any Buddha Bowl. This recipe is simple and easy to follow – it just takes 5 minutes to steam in the microwave.
See all of our Buddha Bowl Recipes, including sauces and topping ideas!
Why use Microwave to Steam Broccoli?
It is the fastest, easiest and most energy efficient method to steam broccoli, no need to dirty any pans on the stove.
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp butter (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste (optional)
How to Make Steamed Broccoli in the Microwave – Step by Step
- Cut up broccoli into small florets
- Place broccoli and water into a microwave safe bowl
- Cover bowl with plate
- Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes
- Transfer to a serving dish, top with butter, season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
Ways to Make Broccoli Taste Better
We like to simply top broccoli with butter and salt, but there are other options too! Toss your broccoli in olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic salt to add more flavor. Another suggestion is soy sauce, my kids love to put soy sauce on their broccoli!
How to Steam Broccoli in the Microwave
- 1 large head of broccoli in small florets
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add broccoli and water into a microwave safe bowl, cover bowl with plate, microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Drain. Stir in butter, season with salt and pepper.
If you have tried making steamed broccoli in the microwave, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!