Make the world-famous “Bobbie” turkey sandwich from Capriotti’s with your Thanksgiving leftovers! Also, learn one of our favorite hacks for freezing turkey, stuffing and cranberry so that you can enjoy The Bobbie sandwich anytime of the year – from freezer to warm sandwich in less than 2 minutes!
Giving New Life to Leftover Turkey Recipes
Our mission is to stop food waste at home, especially during the holidays, when families gather for that big massive feast.
When using leftover turkey for a new meal, the biggest secret is to make sure it tastes COMPLETELY different than your holiday meal. Because let’s face it – holiday leftovers never taste as good as the first time around. Nobody wants to relive that same meal 4 nights in a row.
Also in this Giving New Life to Leftover Turkey series:
- Vietnamese Turkey Pho Buddha Bowl
- Halal Cart-Style Turkey & Rice
- Tikka Masala Turkey
- Turkey Gumbo
- Thai Basil Turkey Wraps
Make Capriotti’s Famous “Bobbie” Sandwich Recipe
There’s a sandwich chain in the US called Capriotti’s. Their most famous famous sandwich is called “The Bobbie” which is basically Thanksgiving between buns with delicious layers of turkey, savory stuffing and cranberry sauce. What a perfect way to use up some of those delicious Thanksgiving leftovers so we don’t waste any food.
Best Hack for Freezing Sandwiches
You can easily make this with your leftovers and enjoy it the day after your big meal. Let’s face it, though — it gets boring to eat the same thing so many days in a row. If you use the freezer to keep these sandwiches, you can have a Bobbie anytime in less than two minutes, even after the holidays are over. All you need is parchment paper and gallon-sized freezer bags.
Here’s how to freeze a sandwich:
- Lay out parchment paper, then layer on thin slices of turkey.
- Spread on the stuffing and cranberry, keeping the sandwich flat and in the shape of a submarine sandwich.
- Slide the sandwich into a freezer bag and repeat with more layers.
90 Seconds to a Warm Sandwich
Okay. It’s been a few days and those frozen Bobbie sandwiches are calling your name. With this easy hack, you can have a nice, warm sandwich in less than two minutes!
All you have to do is pop a frozen layer into the microwave for 90 seconds. Then lay this right on your bread. You can use this hack with any type of meat, including prime rib or ham. How easy was that?!
"The Bobbie" Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwiches
- Thinly sliced turkey meat
- Prepared stuffing
- Prepared cranberry sauce
- Lay out a 6”x8” piece of parchment paper. Overlap layers of thinly sliced turkey breast in the size of your submarine loaf. On top of the turkey, spread a large spoonful of stuffing and cranberry sauce. Top with another 6”x8” piece of parchment paper. Place this “sandwich filling” into a gallon sized freezer bag, keeping the package flat.
- Repeat for as many sandwiches as you want. Freeze.
- When ready to enjoy, take as many packets as you want out of freezer and defrost overnight in refrigerator, or just pop in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds if you would like a warm Bobbie.