Krups EC314 Savoy Coffee Maker Review & Giveaway
Krups provided a unit for an honest review & giveaway.
Krups EC314 Savoy Coffee Maker Review
A cup of coffee can be as simple as adding grounds to a drip coffee maker — or complex and ritualistic with rare, single origin beans, a specific roasting recipe and precise, measured, brewing actions of a master barista.
Most of us make our morning coffee on auto-pilot – grind, measure, brew. But I love watching barista championships on Youtube – I’m fascinated by all of the detail that goes into the perfect cup.
Barista Champ, Sam Lewontin of Everyman Espresso in New York City is endorsing the Krups EC314 Savoy Coffee Maker – because sometimes, even baristas just want a simple cup of coffee!
Krups Savoy EC314 Coffee Maker
· 12 Cup Glass Carafe
· Coffee in cup temperature at an optimal 180F
· Large, Easy to Read LCD screen
· Modern and intuitive rotating knob control
· Integrated water filtration system for the optimal taste
· Clean indicator illuminates when its time to descale
· Pause and serve feature allows removal of carafe at anytime
· Large front water tank level – allows for easy viewing
· Includes Gold Tone Filter
· Clean modern lines with brushed stainless steel finish
· Reg/Bold Setting: Provides the user control over the richness of their coffee
· 1-4 Cup Function: Ensures that whether you are brewing for just yourself, or a large group, you get the same quality cup of coffee every time
· Keep Warm Function: Keeps coffee warm for up to 4 hours at three different temperature options and has a thermo-sensor that ensures the coffee stays at the desired temp
· Auto-On: Dual program settings for weekday & weekend auto-on function so that your coffee is always ready when you need it
My brother has been testing out the Krups EC314 for the past 2 weeks. He’s the perfect test subject – he loves his morning coffee bold, but it has to be dead simple to make. We love the included Gold Tone Filter – that means no more buying wasteful paper filters. My brother likes that the coffee maker has a regular or bold setting – for those who like their coffee strong, this allows you to brew a bold cup.
Since my brother lives alone, he takes advantage of the 1-4 cup setting. The machine adjusts its brew accordingly to make small batches.
We’ve had bad past experiences with drip coffee makers with a glass carafe and warming plate below – those machines tend to burn the coffee at the bottom, resulting in bitter and sour coffee. The Krups Savoy automatically adjusts its heat based on the amount of coffee left in the pot and your desired temperature. Very smart.
I’m still not a fan of glass carafes – it seems there are better materials to help keep the coffee at a desired temperature, like double-walled stainless steel, or even double-walled glass. But I’m guessing those materials cost a lot more — and I like the EC314’s price point of $79.
In conclusion – the Krups EC314 is staying on my brother’s counter for good. It’s not only super simple to use, but the machine brews a mean cup of coffee. Perfect to wake up my otherwise morning crankster brother 😉
Here’s Sam’s video introducing the features of the Krups Savoy EC314:
Krups Savoy E314 Giveaway
Congratulations to our winner(s)!