Robert Irvine 1300-Watt Halogen Oven with Extender Review and Giveaway
One of the very first cooking appliances my Mom gave me years ago was a portable oven just like this one. She instructed me to use it when I needed to cook a turkey, chicken, ham, roast — basically any type of meat that you’d normally roast or bake.
I used it faithfully, until the dreadful day that it broke, from overuse. What I love about the oven is that it freed up my big wall-oven to do other things AND it didn’t use as much energy.
Robert Irvine and company sent me this amazing Halogen Oven to try out a few weeks ago. We’ve used it four times already to roast chicken for family dinner! The halogen lamps ensures the most efficient cooking with convection heat. There’s also a built in timer to ensure you don’t over cook your food (timer turns the oven off.)
Here’s what I love:
1. Clear enclosure – I can see my food cook!!! I’m a little bit of a control-freak when it comes to roasting 🙂 I loved being able to see the roasting process happen.
2. Frees up my oven. I only have 1 wall oven. It’s nice to have my oven free.
3. Energy saving
4. I really like the extender. My old portable oven didn’t have an extender, so I couldn’t roast anything too big.
5. Super easy to clean.
6. Looks like a robot! (okay, that’s what my kids said)
This oven uses a Halogen lamp to produce convectional heat for broiling, baking, steaming and roasting and it comes with an extended ring that extends the already generous cooking pot to 17 quarts, perfect for large cut meats or for cooking multiple dishes at one – talk about efficient!
Robert Irvine 1300-Watt Halogen Oven with Extender Specifications:
|Measurements:||Approx. 16″L x 13″W x 13-1/2″H|
|Power Source:||Plugs into a standard household outlet|
|Country of Origin:||China|
What’s in the box:
- Glass pot
- Extender ring
- Low cooking rack
- High cooking rack
- Glass lid with control unit
- Pair of tongs
- Lid rest
- Owner’s manual
- Manufacturer’s 1-year limited warranty