Taylor USA Smart Thermometer Review & Giveaway
Taylor USA provided unit for testing and giveaway. We provided an honest opinion and review. ~Jaden
Taylor USA Smart Thermometer Review
Is it time to upgrade your BBQ thermometer? If you have a smartphone, it’s time to think about a connected thermometer that will alert you when your food is at its perfect temperature. This frees you from being a slave to your oven or BBQ.
The Taylor USA Smart Thermometer is brand new. It is compatible with tablets/iPads or smart phones, iOS and Android products with Bluetooth® 4.0 or higher. The downloadable app is simple to connect, and also features suggested temperatures for different meats and allows you to “save” your favorite settings for easy access.
The unit comes with 2 probes and a clip that allows you to attach one of the probes to your BBQ or oven rack. This helps you measure the temperature inside the oven or BBQ grill, a handy feature for sure. I can’t tell you how many times we’ve run out of propane or wood pellets — or dying charcoal! The second thermometer can also be used for candy making – just clip the probe to the side of your pot. It also includes preset candy temperatures.
The Taylor USA Smart Thermometer’s unit features 6 buttons plus a light for the display. While the unit’s look and feel is quite dated with raised rubber buttons (and it looks like an 80’s alarm clock), older cooks might find that easier to use than touch screens or flat buttons of some competitor devices.
The app works just fine. Again, it feels very dated with its display readings. But it operates like it should, which is most important. Taylor USA has made the app Facebook and Twitter friendly, so you can make all your friends and followers jealous of what you’re having for dinner.
The unit runs on 2 AAA batteries (included). It’s not the prettiest or most sleek thermometer out there, but the temperature readings are correct. The raised buttons are great for older, sight challenged cooks.
About Taylor USA Smart Thermometer
- Bluetooth® technology works with the free Taylor “SMARTEMP” app so you can leave the oven or grill and track cooking temperatures from your enabled device.
- Transfers data wirelessly to tablets/iPads or smart phones, IOS and Android products with Bluetooth® 4.0 or higher. (Phone or tablet not included.)
- Monitor two temperatures at the same time: meat & ambient oven/grill or meat & candy.
- 9 meat preset temperatures: ground beef & poultry, beef, pork, veal, lamb, chicken, poultry and fish, or set a custom temperature.
- 7 candy preset temperatures: thread, soft, firm & hard ball, soft & hard crack, caramel, or set a custom temperature.
- Backlit base for easy reading in darker settings.
- Timer function can work with thermometer function or independently.
- Save foods into history records for future reference.
- Upload results to popular social media sites.
- Base unit can function as a thermometer or timer without use of the app.
- Operates on 2 AAA batteries (included).
- Requires Bluetooth® 4.0 or above.
- Mobile devices compatible with this Smart Thermometer: iPhone® (4S and later), iPad® (3 and later), iPod Touch® (5 and later) and iPad® mini using iOS 6 and above. Android products: Samsung Galaxy® S3/S4/ Note II and above, HTC One®, Google Nexus® 4 and above.
Enter the Taylor USA Smart Thermometer Giveaway:
Congratulations to our winner!