July 4th is right around the corner which means backyard and pool hangouts are in full swing. We’ve rounded up some of our most popular and barbecue friendly July 4th recipes, along with other recipes we love to give you some ideas of what you should bring to your next hangout!
Food is one of the very best ways to cultivate conversation and build new friendships which is why we want to equip you with the very best 4th of July recipes there are. Sure, hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill are always a winner and super delicious, but let’s get a little creative! Get patriotic and get cooking for your friends and family.
4th of July Appetizer, Snacks, and Small Bites Recipes
Small bites and appetizers are a perfect way to get any barbecue, picnic, or pool hangout started. We prefer things that you can easily grab with your hands and munch on while having a conversation. Sometimes we like to have a little sweet to start off the party, so no judging if you find a mix of sweet and savory July 4th appetizers on our favorites list.
Below are some of our most popular appetizers and small bites along with a few other favorites that is standard at every 4th of July party!
- Grilled Bruschetta with Asparagus and Parmesan
- Vietnamese Spring Rolls with Orange Almond Sauce
- Veggie Filled Crudite Cups
- Roasted Peach and Goat Cheese Tart with Black Pepper and Honey
- Bacon Wrapped Pickles
- Peach Crostini with Balsamic Glaze
- Ranch Deviled Eggs
- Creamy and Zesty White Bean Dip
- Grilled Summer Vegetables with an Avocado Yogurt Dip
- Greek Deli Kabobs
- Spicy Shrimp and Watermelon Kabobs
- Sweet Onion and Pimiento Cheese Deviled Eggs
The Best 4th of July Side Dishes
We all know side dishes are where the party is at. You could essentially fill up your entire plate with sides and never head back to the kitchen for any mains. Don’t lie, I know you do it during every major holiday too! We’ve rounded up some of our favorite July 4th side dishes that can’t be beat.
Take the guesswork out of party planning recipes with these incredibly delicious summer side dishes that are perfect for the 4th of July and anytime the sun is shining on your face!
- No Mayo Potato Salad with Sesame and Fresh Chile Dressing
- Crispy Quinoa and Citrus Salad
- Elote-Style Corn with Furikake
- Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Bread with Miso
- Italian Summer Pasta Salad
- Warm Bacon Potato Salad
- Low Carb Vietnamese Jicama Noodle Salad
- 30-Minute Vegetarian Baked Beans
- Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes
- Crispy Zucchini Fries with Lemon Chili Aioli
- Watermelon and Whipped Feta Crostini
- Zucchini Corn Fritters with Chipotle Mayo
4th of July Mains Dishes
Sure we said you could fill your plate up with sides, but we promise you won’t want to miss out on these July 4th party main dishes. Take your classic hamburgers and hotdogs and give them an upgrade with grilled fish tacos, vegetarian baked beans, a 4th of July recipe staple, Swordfish Kabobs, and so much more!
We aren’t sure if you’re ready for this roundup of our all time favorite 4th of July main dishes, but it’s here and it’s better than ever! These will easily replace your grilled hamburgers this year and years to come.
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Corn and Pepitas
- Juicy and Savory Grilled Kebabs
- Thai Grilled Shrimp with Black Pepper Sauce
- Grilled Kimcheese Sandwiches
- Teriyaki Jackfruit Lettuce Wraps
- Grilled Peach, Pesto, and Buratta Flatbreads
- Grilled Honey Miso Wings
- Cauliflower Al Pastor Tacos
- Grilled Swordfish Kabobs with Charred Serrano Chimichurri
- Beef Chili Dogs
- Korean Style Tacos with Kogi BBQ Sauce
- Thai Chicken Burgers with Quick Pickled Carrots
July 4th Party Dessert Recipes
If we know anything, it’s that every party needs to end on a sweet note. Whether that is having a fabulous conversation with your friends and family, or a sweet dessert! We have rounded up some of the most drool worthy desserts we could find that stand out and even look a little patriotic!
From tarts, to cheesecakes, homemade ice cream and popsicles, and even layer cakes we have you covered for any 4th of July dessert recipes you may need!
- Strawberry Almond Cream Tart
- Skillet Blueberry Cobbler
- America Flag Cake
- Individual Strawberry Cheesecakes
- Brownie Cookie Lemon Vanilla Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Mini Strawberry and Blueberry Galettes
- Chocolate and Vanilla Swirl Ice Cream Pops
- 4th of July Ice Cream Pie
- Toasted Almond Flour and Lemon Cake with Macerated Strawberries
- Red, White, and Blueberry Trifle
- Vegan Peach and Blueberry Popsicles with a Graham Cracker Crust
- Fireworks Cookies and Cream Cookies
We love all these ideas, no reason to eat unhealthy during the holidays!
When you where talking about Duke and the fireworks up setting him I had to take mine to the vet for that she would get so upset from the fire works and the vet gave her sedatives to calm her down.